Chapter 66

The morning sun filtered through the curtains as Amelia woke up, feeling a mix of excitement and nervous energy. Today was the day she would get to spend time with Logan and his friends on the beach, and she couldn't wait. But before she could fully dive into her plans, she had to tell James the good news.

She hopped out of bed, quickly got dressed, and made her way to James's room. The door was slightly ajar, and she could hear the faint sound of music playing from inside. Amelia knocked lightly before pushing the door open.

"Hey, James!" Amelia greeted, a wide grin on her face.

James looked up from her phone, curious. "What's up?"

"I've got good news," Amelia said, practically bouncing on her feet. "Remember Logan, the guy I met on the beach? Well, he invited us to hang out with him and his friends today. And guess what? His younger brother, Owen, is going to be there too."

James's eyes lit up at the mention of Owen, though she quickly tried to play it cool. "Owen? Really? That's... cool, I guess."

Amelia smirked, noticing James's subtle interest. "Yeah, I thought you might be happy about that. You two seemed to get along pretty well yesterday."

James shrugged, but a small smile crept onto her face. "He's nice."

"Nice?" Amelia teased. "I'd say you think he's more than just nice."

"Shut up," James muttered, her cheeks flushing slightly. "He's just a friend."

"Sure, sure," Amelia said, laughing. "Anyway, I convinced Taylor and Travis to let us go, so we're all set. I promised to stay with you the whole time, so we just have to check in with them every now and then."

James nodded, her excitement now matching Amelia's. "This is going to be fun. I'm glad they said yes."

"Me too," Amelia agreed, feeling a sense of relief. "I really want today to go well. We just have to make sure we stick together and don't do anything that'll make them worry."

Just as they were about to head downstairs, Blake appeared in the hallway, her expression a mix of curiosity and concern. "Hey, what's this I hear about you two hanging out with some boys today?"

Amelia and James exchanged a glance before Amelia spoke up. "Yeah, Logan and his friends invited us to hang out on the beach. His little brother Owen is going to be there too. Taylor and Travis already said it's okay, as long as we stay together and check in regularly."

Blake looked skeptical, her protective instincts kicking in. "I don't know, Amelia. This sounds a little..."

"Sketchy?" Amelia finished, knowing exactly where Blake was coming from.

Blake nodded. "Exactly."

"Don't worry," Amelia reassured her. "I promised Taylor and Travis we'd be careful. We'll stick together, and I'll make sure we check in with them. Besides, we're just going to be on the beach, and there will be other people around."

Blake hesitated, clearly still unsure, but before she could voice her concerns, Taylor joined them in the hallway. "It's okay, Blake. I've already talked to Amelia, and she's promised to stay with James and keep us updated. We'll keep an eye on them from the house too."

Blake sighed, finally relenting. "Alright, but I'm trusting you both to be responsible. No wandering off alone, and make sure you're always in sight of each other."

"We will," James promised, her tone earnest.

Amelia nodded in agreement. "You can count on us."

Blake gave them a small smile, though the worry in her eyes hadn't fully disappeared. "Okay, then. Have fun, but please be careful."

"We will," Amelia repeated, feeling a mixture of excitement and responsibility. She knew Blake and Taylor were putting a lot of trust in her, and she was determined not to let them down.

As they made their way downstairs, Amelia couldn't help but feel a surge of anticipation. Today was going to be different. She was going to have fun, make new friends, and most importantly, prove to Taylor and Travis that she could handle herself.

But in the back of her mind, she couldn't shake the feeling that she needed to be extra careful. The stakes were higher now, and she had a lot to prove—not just to Taylor and Travis, but to herself as well.