Chapter 78

The next eight cities had been a whirlwind of excitement, each show more electric than the last. Taylor's performances were met with roaring applause, and she did her best to make sure Amelia had some downtime in each city. Whether it was exploring a local market, visiting a museum, or just enjoying a quiet meal together, Taylor made sure to carve out moments that reminded Amelia of the normalcy she craved.

As the weeks passed, the bond between them grew stronger, but with the inevitable departure of Travis, there was a noticeable shift. It was time for him to return to the U.S. for training camp, and the farewell was bittersweet. Taylor tried to keep her spirits high, joking and laughing with Amelia, but there was an undeniable sadness in her eyes that only Amelia could see. She missed Travis, and Amelia couldn't help but feel the same way. His presence had become a comforting constant, and now, it was just the two of them again.

The private jet hummed softly as it cut through the clouds, taking them to their next destination: Vienna. Amelia stared out of the window, watching the landscape change below them. Taylor sat beside her, immersed in her notes, but every so often, she would glance over at Amelia and offer a reassuring smile.

"Excited for Vienna?" Taylor asked, breaking the silence.

Amelia nodded, though her excitement was tempered by the absence of Travis. "Yeah, it'll be fun. I've never been to Austria before."

Taylor chuckled. "You're going to love it. The city is beautiful, and the food... oh, the food is amazing. We'll have to find a good spot for schnitzel."

Amelia managed a smile. "Sounds good."

The rest of the flight passed quietly, each lost in their own thoughts. When they landed in Vienna, they were greeted by the familiar buzz of excitement that came with a new city. The car ride to the hotel was filled with chatter about the upcoming shows and plans to explore the city. Spirits were high, and for a moment, it felt like everything was back to normal.

As they settled into their hotel suite, the exhaustion of the day began to set in. Amelia unpacked her things, trying to shake off the lingering melancholy. Taylor, ever the optimist, was already planning their day off, listing the places they could visit and the things they could do.

"Tomorrow's going to be great," Taylor said, her enthusiasm infectious. "We'll start with breakfast at this cute little café I know, and then we can explore the city. Maybe even do a little shopping?"

Amelia nodded, her mood lifting slightly. "That sounds fun."

"Good," Taylor said, smiling as she finished unpacking. "Now, let's get some rest. We've got a big day ahead."

Amelia climbed into bed, the familiar comfort of the plush sheets helping to ease her mind. Taylor tucked herself in as well, turning off the bedside lamp and plunging the room into a soft darkness.

"Goodnight, Amelia," Taylor whispered, her voice warm and comforting.

"Goodnight, Tay," Amelia replied, already feeling the pull of sleep.

But as she lay there in the quiet of the room, her thoughts drifted to Travis. She missed him more than she had expected, and she could tell Taylor did too, even if she didn't say it out loud. There was a small comfort in knowing they shared that feeling, and as she finally drifted off to sleep, she promised herself that she would do her best to keep Taylor's spirits up, just as Taylor had done for her.

Tomorrow was a new day, and Vienna awaited.

The night had been quiet, with the soft hum of Vienna's streets below and the gentle rustling of the sheets as Taylor and Amelia tried to fall asleep. Just as Amelia was beginning to drift off, a sudden, loud banging on the door jolted her awake. Her heart raced, fear gripping her instantly. She could feel Taylor tense up beside her, sensing her own rising anxiety.