Chapter 51

The drive to the concert venue was quiet, the air between Taylor and Amelia filled with a mix of anticipation and nerves. Amelia stared out the window, her thoughts racing. She had been to the first show of the Eras Tour before everything in her life had turned upside down, but this felt different. Her dad was no longer in the picture, and she was stepping into a world that now felt both familiar and strange.

They arrived at the venue around one in the afternoon, well ahead of the 8 PM showtime. The sun was high in the sky, casting long shadows as they pulled up to the back entrance of the stadium. Amelia's heart pounded as she stepped out of the car, the size of the venue reminding her just how massive this event really was.

As they walked inside, the familiar scent of fresh coffee and the faint hum of people working filled the air. Crew members bustled about, setting up equipment, adjusting lights, and fine-tuning instruments. Taylor squeezed Amelia's hand reassuringly, sensing her anxiety.

"Hey, you're going to be just fine," Taylor said softly, her voice filled with warmth. "We'll take it slow, okay?"

Amelia nodded, trying to steady her breathing. She clung to Taylor's side as they navigated through the maze of cables and equipment, finally reaching the main stage. The sight of it, even empty, was overwhelming. This was where Taylor would be standing in just a few hours, performing for thousands of fans.

"Taylor!" A voice called out, breaking through Amelia's thoughts. She turned to see Sabrina, Taylor's friend and the opening act for the tour, walking toward them with a big smile. Sabrina was all energy and light, her presence immediately putting Amelia a little more at ease.

"Hey, you must be Amelia," Sabrina said warmly, giving Amelia a friendly wave. "I've heard so much about you."

"Hi," Amelia replied shyly, offering a small smile.

Sabrina turned to Taylor, "Everything's all set. Want me to give Amelia the grand tour?"

Taylor looked at Amelia, who nodded hesitantly. "Sure, that sounds great. Sabrina's got all the backstage secrets," Taylor said with a wink, giving Amelia's hand one last squeeze before letting her go.

Sabrina led Amelia through the backstage area, pointing out different parts of the setup. They passed by the band, who were in the middle of their warm-up session, filling the space with a low, rhythmic hum. The dancers were off to one side, stretching and rehearsing their moves, their energy palpable.

"See, everyone here has their own little world," Sabrina explained as they walked. "But together, it all comes together like magic."

Amelia nodded, taking in everything. Sabrina's easygoing nature made her feel less nervous. They stopped by the wardrobe area, where racks of dazzling costumes lined the walls, each one more spectacular than the last. Amelia's eyes widened at the sight of Taylor's iconic outfits, shimmering under the lights.

"Pretty cool, right?" Sabrina said, noticing Amelia's awe. "It's like a fairy tale closet."

They continued the tour, finally making their way back to a quieter corner of the backstage area. Sabrina noticed the tension still lingering in Amelia's expression and sat down beside her on a nearby couch.

"You know, it's totally okay to feel nervous," Sabrina said, her tone gentle. "I get stage fright too, even after all these years. But what helps me is remembering that everyone out there is here because they love the music. They're on our side."

Amelia looked down at her hands, fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. "It's not just the concert," she admitted softly. "Everything just feels... so big."

Sabrina nodded, understanding. "I get it. It's a lot to take in. But you're not alone, okay? You've got Taylor, and you've got all of us. We're like one big, crazy family."