Chapter 4

In a panic Andrea and Travis got Amelia to the sofa. "Find a blanket or something to put on her!" Andrea said panicking she was too worried to explain who she was.

Just as Travis went to the linen closet in the hallway. Taylor made her way downstairs. "What's going on Travis?" She said as she noticed him grabbing blankets out of the closet. "Travis hurry up!" Andrea yelled panicked, Travis followed her request and ran out to the living room with Taylor following close behind. "Someone better explain to me what's going on?" Taylor called out as Travis laid the blanket down covering everything but Amelia's face. Taylor went down to the sofa to find out why neither her mom and boyfriend were answering her. "Oh my god." She covered her mouth as she realised what was going on. "Amelia?" She was confused and bent down next to her. "Mom what happened?" "She was trying to get past the security gate when I pulled in. Taylor she collapsed in their arms. She's so weak and cold. It looks like she's been out there for hours." Andrea expressed her concerns. "Who is she?" Travis asked still not having an explanation as to who she was. "You didn't tell him!?!" Taylor asked her mom. "Taylor, I needed to get her inside where it's warm." Andrea confessed. "Travis," Taylor got up and faced him. "Please don't get mad. She is Joe's daughter." Taylor said worried he would walk out. "As in your ex Joe? He had a kid? How come you never told me?" Travis started to freak out. "Yes he does. I never told you because he wanted her out of the media as much as possible and I hadn't heard from Joe in months." "Well what is she doing here?" Travis asked as he took in what he just been told. "I don't know. That would explain the random calls I kept getting." "Calls?" Andrea asked not knowing what Taylor meant. "I kept on getting random calls from a number yesterday. I thought it was someone random so I didn't answer." Taylor confessed. "Why would she want to talk to you?" Travis asked. Taylor exhaled "When Joe and I broke up, she was upset she didn't wanna leave. I told her if she ever needed anything she could call me." She confessed bending back down next to Amelia who was still out to it.

"Did she look this sick when she collapsed?" Taylor asked noticing how pale she was. "Yes and she's freezing too. I'm really worried Taylor she's really weak." Andrea said. "Mom can you go get the portable heater and firewood out of the garage please. I'm gonna make it as warm as possible for her. We need to keep her body warm." Taylor asked thinking of the quickest way to get her warm. Taylor pulled the blanket down a little to see how cold the rest of her body was. She pulled up her sleeves and noticed bruises all the way up her arms, she next pulled down her pants blocking the view from Travis to help not invade Amelia privacy. She noticed the bruises on her thighs. Taylor quickly pulled her into a hug. She felt so guilty for leaving her. Joe had never touched her before and now she was getting abused left right and centre. As she put her gently back on the sofa, her neck and face had been adjusted and Taylor noticed the bruises there too. "I'm so sorry Meals." She said, tears of guilt came out. Travis noticing Taylor's tears and went to comfort her. "Wow Tay it's okay. She's gonna be fine." "Travis I should never of left her with Joe." Taylor cried into his chest. "He was abusing her." Taylor managed to get out. "Was he abusive towards you?" "No never! He was always so sweet to me and her when I was around. I worried our breakup made him act out." "Tay, you can't blame yourself. Look Tay I promise you we'll protect her okay. Shes not alone." Travis said bringing her into a hug.

Andrea came back with the blankets and firewood. Travis let go of Tay and started the fire as quickly as possible as Andrea turned on the heater and put it a safe distance away from Amelia.

Two hours had passed and Amelia was still non responsive. Taylor didn't leave her side. "Maybe it's about time we called a doctor she obviously needs help." Andrea said concerned about her health. "Just give it five. If we call the doctor. They will call Joe immediately. Mom I know her she came here because she was scared." Taylor couldn't stop thinking about the bruises covering her body. "Taylor I understand you're worried, but honey she needs help. She's not waking up." "Taylor it's okay we will help her. She won't be going back there I won't let it happen." Travis reasured Taylor as he encouraged Andrea to call their private doctor.

Andrea stepped out of the room as Amelia started coughing. "Mom stop calling." Taylor called out. Andrea walked back in as Amelia tried to sit up but felt back down into the sofa. "Take it easy." Taylor said helping her sit up gently as she sat on the sofa with her helping to keep her stable. "Tay..." Amelia said weakly as she fell into her body. "Where am I?" Amelia asked panicked. "You're safe honey." Taylor said holding her tight. Amelia looked around the room and started to panic "Dad is gonna kill me." She started crying as she hyperventilated. "Meals it's ok, he can't reach you here." Taylor reassured her. "You promise?" "Yeah i promise." Taylor smiled holding Amelia close.

"Hey I'm sorry honey, but I have to get going I have a bit to do today. I was only coming for a quick visit." Andrea said. "It's alright Mom, we'll be okay." Taylor waved her off.