Chapter 48

The morning sun filtered through the curtains of the hotel room, casting a warm glow across the space. Amelia lay in bed, still wrapped in the comfort of her blankets, but her heart was heavy. She had woken up early, her mind restless after the excitement of the previous day. As she picked up her phone, she began scrolling through the media coverage of the Super Bowl.

At first, the articles seemed to be focused on Travis's remarkable performance, the victory, and the celebrations. But as Amelia continued to scroll, she began to notice the headlines shifting. Her stomach churned as she saw the phrase "Travis Kelce's Mysterious Companion" pop up repeatedly. Curiosity and anxiety mixed as she tapped on one of the articles.

The first headline that caught her eye was: "Travis Kelce's Young Companion: Who Is This Mystery Girl?" The article went on to describe her presence at the game and the way Travis had embraced her after the final touchdown. It mentioned her age and her connection to Taylor Swift, but the tone was neutral. Amelia's anxiety eased slightly, but that relief was short-lived.

As she moved to the next article, the mood turned darker. The headline read: "Travis Kelce's New Girlfriend's Daughter: The Untold Story of Joe Alwyn's Estranged Child." This article dug deeper, revealing her connection to Joe Alwyn, Taylor Swift's ex. Amelia felt a lump form in her throat as she read about the difficulties of her past and the strained relationship with her father.

The articles didn't stop there. They were filled with invasive details about her family, her past, and even cruel speculation about her current situation. Comments beneath the articles were even harsher, filled with judgmental opinions and nasty remarks. Words like "drama," "troubled," and "attention-seeking" were repeated over and over, each one cutting deeper into her fragile sense of self.

Amelia's eyes welled up with tears as she read through the comments. The harshness of strangers' opinions felt like a physical weight pressing down on her. She tried to remind herself that these were just words from people who didn't know her, but the hurtful comments seemed to echo louder in her mind.

Her phone buzzed with notifications, each one a reminder of the ongoing media frenzy. The reality of her situation was beginning to sink in. She was thrust into the spotlight, her privacy invaded, and her personal struggles laid bare for the world to see.

Unable to bear it any longer, Amelia buried her face in her hands and cried. The comfort of the previous night felt distant and unattainable. She felt alone and exposed, and the only solace she could find was in her tears.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. It was Kylie, who had come to check on her after hearing the news. She walked in, concern etched on her face as she saw Amelia's tear-streaked cheeks.

"Hey, sweetie, is everything okay?" Kylie asked gently, her voice full of empathy.

Amelia shook her head, not trusting herself to speak without breaking down further. She held up her phone, showing Kylie the articles and the cruel comments. Kylie's eyes widened in shock as she skimmed through the screen.

"Oh, Amelia," Kylie said softly, sitting beside her on the bed. "I'm so sorry you're going through this. You didn't deserve any of this, and I wish there was something I could do to make it better."

Amelia sniffled, trying to regain her composure. "I just... I didn't think it would be like this. I thought I could handle it, but it's just so much."

Kylie took Amelia's hand, offering a reassuring squeeze. "It's okay to feel overwhelmed. You're going through a lot right now, and it's perfectly normal to feel upset. Remember, this is just a temporary storm. The people who care about you are here for you, and we're going to get through this together."

Amelia nodded, finding some comfort in Kylie's words. She knew that Kylie and the girls were there for her, but she still felt like she was facing a battle on her own. The reality of her situation was harsh, but Kylie's support was a beacon of hope.

Kylie gently suggested, "Maybe we can take a break from the news and do something to take your mind off things. How about we go for a walk or watch a movie together?"

Amelia agreed, grateful for the distraction. As they left the hotel room, Kylie guided Amelia with a comforting presence, helping her step away from the media frenzy and find some peace amidst the chaos. The road ahead was uncertain, but with the support of those who loved her, Amelia knew she could face it, one step at a time.

Taylor and Travis woke up to the sound of bustling activity outside their hotel room door. Taylor stretched out, blinking sleepily as she reached for her phone to check the time. The clock read 8:30 AM. She turned to Travis, who was already half-awake.

"Have you seen Amelia?" Taylor asked, noting the empty space where Amelia had been sleeping.

Travis, still groggy, shook his head. "No, I thought she was with you."

They quickly got out of bed and started to search the hotel room, their concern growing. Taylor's mind raced with possibilities—had Amelia gone wandering, or was she feeling overwhelmed? The sense of urgency grew as they moved through the suite, but their worries were soon put to rest.

Just as they reached the hallway, Kylie and Amelia came into view. They were coming back from a short walk, with Kylie's arm around Amelia's shoulders in a supportive gesture. Amelia's face was still slightly red from crying, but she seemed to have calmed down somewhat.

Taylor and Travis rushed over, their faces filled with concern.

"Amelia!" Taylor exclaimed, her voice a mix of relief and worry. "Where have you been? We were looking for you."

Amelia looked down, unable to meet their eyes. "I... I just needed some fresh air," she said quietly.

Travis stepped forward, placing a hand gently on Amelia's shoulder. "Are you okay? Kylie mentioned that you've been upset. Do you want to talk about it?"

Amelia shook her head, her voice barely a whisper. "It's just been a lot to handle. I thought a walk might help."

Kylie spoke up, trying to provide some context. "We went up to the rooftop to get away from everything for a bit. Amelia's been struggling with the media coverage. She saw some things that really upset her."

Taylor and Travis exchanged worried glances. Taylor's heart sank as she realized how much Amelia had been grappling with on her own. "I'm so sorry, Amelia. We had no idea. We should have been more aware of what you're going through."

Travis nodded in agreement, his expression softening. "We should have been there for you. If you need to talk or if there's anything we can do to help, just let us know."

Amelia looked up at them, her eyes still reflecting her inner turmoil. "It's just hard seeing all those comments. It feels like everyone's talking about me and not in a good way."

Taylor gently brushed a strand of hair from Amelia's face. "I can't imagine how difficult that must be. The media can be really harsh and unfair. But remember, what they say doesn't define who you are or what you mean to us. You're important and loved, no matter what they write."

Travis added, "And we're here for you. We'll face this together, and we'll do everything we can to help you through it. You're not alone."

Amelia took a deep breath, her shoulders relaxing slightly. The reassurance from Taylor and Travis helped to soothe her anxious mind, even if just a little. Kylie gave her a warm smile, then suggested, "How about we take the morning to do something relaxing? Maybe watch a movie or just hang out. We don't have to think about the media right now."

The idea was comforting to Amelia. "That sounds nice," she said, a small smile appearing on her face.

As they made their way back to the hotel room, Kylie and the girls joined them, ready to help distract Amelia from the stress of the past few days. Taylor and Travis walked alongside her, their presence a reassuring reminder that they were in this together. The road ahead was uncertain, but with the support of those who cared for her, Amelia felt a bit more hopeful about facing the challenges to come.