Chapter 74

The next morning, the sun barely peeked over the horizon as Amelia, Taylor, and Travis made their way to the private jet waiting on the tarmac. The air was thick with the kind of tension that only comes from unspoken words and unresolved feelings. Amelia clutched her phone in one hand, her thumb hovering over the screen. She hesitated for a moment before sending a quick text to Logan: "I'll text you on the other side."

As they boarded the jet, the reality of leaving Logan behind started to sink in. The once-exciting prospect of traveling to Paris now felt like a heavy weight in her chest. She slid into a plush leather seat, the spacious cabin feeling strangely confining. Travis and Taylor took their seats across from her, already absorbed in their work, flipping through papers and discussing the upcoming tour schedule.

Amelia glanced out the window, watching as the world outside grew smaller and smaller. She felt even more invisible as the plane ascended into the sky, the distance between her and Logan growing with each passing minute. She thought about how easy it had been to confide in him, how he seemed to understand her in a way that no one else did. With him, she could be Amelia—the girl who was figuring things out—not Amelia, Taylor Swift's daughter who had to keep up appearances.

The flight attendants bustled around, offering drinks and snacks, but Amelia wasn't interested. She felt a gnawing anxiety growing inside her, the same one she had tried so hard to push down ever since they left Rhode Island. The thought of returning to the Eras Tour filled her with dread. She knew what was coming—the crowds, the pressure, the overwhelming attention. She wasn't going into it blind this time, but that didn't make it any easier.

Taylor glanced over at Amelia, her eyes softening for a moment as she took in her daughter's distant expression. She opened her mouth to say something but was quickly pulled back into a conversation with Travis about the setlist changes for the Paris shows. Amelia felt the sting of being overlooked, her fears and anxieties taking a backseat to the whirlwind of Taylor's career.

Amelia turned her gaze back to the window, feeling more alone than ever. She wanted to talk to Logan, to tell him how scared she was, but she knew he wouldn't fully understand. He wasn't here, living in this world of constant scrutiny and pressure. As much as she cared about him, she couldn't escape the feeling that there was a growing distance between them—a distance that had nothing to do with miles or time zones.

As the jet soared through the clouds, Amelia closed her eyes, trying to find some semblance of calm. She took a deep breath, telling herself she could get through this. She had to. But the doubts lingered, swirling in her mind like the turbulence rocking the plane.

Hours passed in a blur of restless thoughts and uneasy sleep. Amelia kept to herself, not bothering to interrupt Taylor and Travis as they worked. The silence between them grew louder with each passing minute, the tension in the air thickening. Amelia couldn't help but feel like she was on the outside looking in, a spectator in her own life.

When they finally began their descent into Paris, Amelia's phone buzzed with a text from Logan. Her heart skipped a beat as she read his words: "Hope you had a safe flight. Can't wait to hear from you." She smiled faintly, her fingers quickly tapping out a response.

But as she looked up from her phone, the reality of the situation hit her. She was about to be thrown back into the chaos of the tour, the demands of being Taylor Swift's daughter, and the ever-present pressure to be perfect. And this time, it felt like she was facing it all alone.

The jet touched down smoothly, and as they taxied to the gate, Taylor finally turned to Amelia, a small, tired smile on her face. "Ready to take on Paris?"

Amelia nodded, but inside, she wasn't so sure. The excitement she once felt about traveling the world was overshadowed by the anxiety gnawing at her. She just wanted to feel normal, to be seen and heard, to have someone who understood.

As they disembarked and made their way through the private terminal, Amelia held onto her phone like a lifeline. She would text Logan as soon as they got to the hotel, she decided. Maybe talking to him would make things better, or at least help her forget about the overwhelming sense of dread that had settled in her chest.

But for now, she followed Taylor and Travis through the bustling airport, her steps heavy with the weight of everything unsaid and unresolved. She was in Paris—the City of Light, of love, of endless possibilities. But all she could think about was how much she missed Logan, how much she wished things could be different, and how desperately she wanted to find her place in a world that felt increasingly unfamiliar.