Chapter 80

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting a soft, golden light over the Rhode Island beach house. Amelia woke up with a smile on her face, the anticipation of the day ahead bubbling up inside her. Today was Blake's 37th birthday, and Taylor and Travis were hosting a party to celebrate. It wasn't just any party, though; it was a reunion of sorts. Kylie, Jason, and their daughters were coming, along with Travis's best friend Patrick, his wife Brittney, and their two young children. Blake, Ryan, and their daughters would be there too. It was going to be a house full of laughter, love, and joy, and Amelia could hardly wait.

She jumped out of bed, quickly getting dressed before heading downstairs. The smell of breakfast—pancakes, bacon, and fresh fruit—wafted through the air as she made her way to the kitchen. Taylor was at the stove, flipping pancakes with a practiced hand, while Travis was setting the table.

"Morning, Amelia!" Taylor greeted her with a warm smile. "Excited for today?"

"Definitely!" Amelia replied, her eyes bright with excitement. "I can't wait to see everyone."

Travis chuckled, placing a glass of orange juice in front of her. "It's going to be a full house, that's for sure."

As they ate breakfast, the conversation flowed easily, filled with laughter and plans for the day. Afterward, they all pitched in to get the house ready for the party. Travis and Amelia worked on setting up tables and chairs outside, while Taylor focused on decorating the house and preparing food.

By late morning, everything was ready, and the first guests began to arrive. Amelia's heart leapt when she saw Kylie's car pull up the driveway. She ran out to greet them, her face lighting up as Kylie stepped out of the car with James and Wyatt close behind.

"Amelia!" Wyatt squealed, running to her with open arms.

Amelia knelt down, hugging Wyatt tightly. "I missed you so much!"

James joined in the hug, and the three of them laughed as they finally pulled apart. "We missed you too," James said, her eyes sparkling with happiness.

Kylie watched the reunion with a smile, then pulled Amelia into a warm embrace. "It's so good to see you, sweetheart."

"You too, Kylie," Amelia replied, feeling a sense of warmth and comfort that she hadn't realized she'd been missing.

Soon after, more cars arrived. Jason joined them with a grin, followed by Brittney, Patrick, and their little ones, Sterling and Bronze. Blake and Ryan arrived shortly after with their daughters, and the beach house was quickly filled with the sounds of chatter, laughter, and the excited squeals of children.

Amelia found herself surrounded by people she loved, and she couldn't have been happier. She spent most of the afternoon playing with the younger kids, chasing them around the yard and helping them build sandcastles on the beach. She loved seeing Sterling's little face light up with joy as she held her hand, and Bronze's contagious giggles as he toddled after Wyatt.

As the day wore on, the party moved inside for dinner. The long dining table was filled with delicious food, and everyone gathered around, sharing stories and enjoying each other's company. Blake, the birthday girl, was glowing with happiness as she sat at the head of the table, her family and closest friends surrounding her.

After dinner, it was time for cake. Taylor brought out a beautifully decorated cake, candles flickering in the dim light. Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to Blake, their voices blending together in harmony. As Blake blew out the candles, Amelia caught her eye and they shared a smile, the bond between them stronger than ever.

The evening continued with music, dancing, and more laughter. Amelia found herself sitting with Kylie, James, and Wyatt on the deck, watching the sunset paint the sky in shades of pink and orange. It was a peaceful moment, one that she wished could last forever.