Chapter 54

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow over the Marina Bay Sands as Taylor, Travis, and Amelia arrived at the venue in Singapore. The humidity clung to the air, but the excitement buzzing around the stadium was palpable. It was Amelia's first time in Singapore, and the city's dazzling skyline made everything feel even more surreal.

Taylor was doing her best to calm Amelia's nerves, but the young girl had been on edge since Melbourne. Despite the cozy cocoon of the VIP tent, the memory of that fan shouting at her in Melbourne still lingered, making her reluctant to step out into the public eye again.

"You're going to be with us the whole time," Travis assured Amelia, his hand resting gently on her shoulder as they made their way to the tent. "You'll be safe, I promise."

Amelia looked up at him, her eyes wide and uncertain. "What if it happens again?"

Taylor knelt beside her, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "I know it was scary, but you're not alone, Amelia. Travis, Sabrina, Tree, will be with you the whole time. And if at any point you feel uncomfortable, you can leave."

Amelia nodded, though her stomach was still twisted in knots. She knew Taylor was right, but the fear was like a shadow she couldn't shake.

Inside the VIP tent, Sabrina greeted them with a warm smile. "Hey, Amelia! I saved the best seat for you," she said, patting the spot beside her. Tree was already settled in, giving Amelia a reassuring nod.

Amelia sat down, her body tense as she glanced around the tent. From here, the stage was in clear view, and the energy of the crowd was electric, with fans waving glow sticks and singing along to the pre-show playlist. Travis took the seat on the other side of her, his presence a comforting anchor.

As the lights dimmed and the opening beats of the first song reverberated through the stadium, Amelia instinctively reached for Travis's hand. He gave her a gentle squeeze, his eyes focused on the stage but his attention clearly on her. Taylor's voice soared through the night, and for a moment, Amelia allowed herself to get lost in the music, her fears temporarily drowned out by the familiar melody.

Sabrina leaned in closer, her voice soft. "You okay?"

Amelia nodded, her grip on Travis's hand loosening slightly. "Yeah, I think so."

The show continued, each song a wave of emotion that washed over the crowd. Amelia found herself smiling more, her anxiety slowly ebbing away as she saw how much joy Taylor brought to everyone around her. Before she knew it, it was surprise song time Taylor performed "You're On Your Own, Kid," Amelia felt a surge of pride knowing she dedicated the song to her. She wasn't just a scared little girl; she was Taylor's family, and Taylor was sharing a piece of her heart with the world.

But as the concert neared its end, Amelia's anxiety crept back. The thought of leaving the safety of the VIP tent and stepping out into the crowd again made her stomach twist. Sensing her unease, Travis leaned over.

"Hey, you've been so brave tonight," he whispered. "We're almost through, okay?"

Amelia nodded, her throat tight. The last song played, and the stadium erupted in applause. Taylor's silhouette was barely visible through the tears that welled up in Amelia's eyes, a mix of relief and lingering fear.

When the show ended and the crowd began to disperse, Tree turned to Amelia. "You did great, kiddo."

Amelia managed a small smile, feeling the weight of the night's tension lift slightly. But as they made their way backstage to meet Taylor, she couldn't shake the feeling that this was only the beginning. There would be more shows, more crowds, more opportunities for her fears to resurface.

But for now, she was safe with her family. That was enough.

Taylor greeted them backstage, her face glowing with sweat and exhilaration. "How was it?" she asked, wrapping an arm around Amelia.

Amelia looked up at her, a mix of exhaustion and pride in her eyes. "It was... better."

Taylor smiled, pressing a kiss to Amelia's forehead. "That's all I wanted to hear. We'll take it one step at a time, okay?"

Amelia nodded, feeling the warmth of Taylor's embrace. As they made their way back to the hotel, she realized that maybe, just maybe, she could do this after all. With Taylor, Travis, and their friends by her side, she could face whatever came next.