122. CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Chapter one hundred and two

"Consequences of your own actions."

Three years from now, Caroline was working at a news station "okay, people. We go live in thirty so I need that media package done fifteen minutes ago." she shared, walking toward's her workers "where are my graphics and b roll? Jamie, we're good on music, right?" she asked "yeah, we're good." Jamie told her, as he walked off "excuse me, Caroline. Uh, your fiance just called." her assistant shared "what? He knows that's I'm working." Caroline shared "that's why he didn't ask to talk to you. Uh, he's being sneaky, but.." her assistant shared.

"But your paycheck comes from me and you know how much I hate surprises. Spill." Caroline told him "he's curious what your schedule is right before the wedding." her assistant shared "why?" Caroline asked "I think he wants to plan a trip to mystic falls." her assistant shared "but he knows that we can't go back there." Caroline shared, her smile falling just thinking about why they couldn't as she forced it back on "um, I will handle this later. Thanks, Tony." she told him, as Tony walked off, Caroline's smile then fell again.

Stefan was driving around town, as Annabeth was in the carseat in the back, he called Athena once again "Athena, I'm starting to worry, Annabeth said she saw you before she went to bed but when I got the house you were gone. Please call me and tell me your okay." he shared, as the heretic who Athena had bit into when he tried to kill him was standing in front of his car "daddy!" Annabeth voiced, as Stefan pressed his foot down on the break, he looked to Annabeth "close your eyes." he told her, as Annabeth closed her eyes.

Stefan turned getting out of the car "can I help you?" he asked, closing the car door, but the guy didn't say anything "it's okay. I speak mute. Just communicate what you want with a series of grunts." Stefan shared, as the heretic brought his hand up, giving Stefan an aneurism as he fell to the floor "you'll have to excuse Beau. He's not in the mood for glib jokes. None of us are, actually." Lily shared, looking to the car, she saw three year old little girl with her hands over her ears "stop." she told Beau.

As Beau did so, Stefan panted as he stood up, Lily looked back at him "I thought we had a deal." she told him "yeah. We do. Otherwise, I would be at home not out patrolling the streets to keep humans out of your minions fangs." Stefan shared "we found Malcolm in the town square last night, hanging from a tree by his insides his heart down at the bottom with an arrow lodged in it." Lily shared, and when she did, Stefan's eyes went wide knowing exactly who did that "where is she?" he asked her "I only came so you'd understand why we did what we had to do." Lily told him "what did you do?" Stefan asked, but when he did, Lily didn't answer him "what'd you do to my wife!" Stefan voiced.

At the boarding house, Enzo may have gotten the jump on Athena last night with the vervain but it didn't effect her like it did other vampires thanks to her slayer side, so as Enzo was putting them on her, she faked being in pain "ah!" she voiced "sorry, luv. This will only hurt for a second." Enzo told her, pulling the other rope out of the bucket, as he put the rope around her wrists, she fake winced "you killed Malcolm. Lily wanted to retaliate." Enzo shared "you don't exactly look like one of Lily's lackies to me. How's the one by the way, his new scar fitting in with the other one?" Athena asked, pretending to wince.

"That would be Beau. But you should be lucky that I'm the one grabbed you. Don't even want to think if the others did. I am closest thing you have to a friend in here." Enzo shared "I'm just glad they didn't take Annabeth. They can do whatever they want to me." Athena shared, as Enzo tied her right wrist vervain, he missed how Athena broke her left thumb and slipped her hand out of the rope, holding onto it, she wrapped it around Enzo's neck and pulled her close to him "vervain doesn't work on me." she told him, moving herself back, the chair broke on the ground, as she shoved Enzo off of her, she stood up and ran out of there.