9. Manager's Life

Akane POV
(Next Day- In the morning)

Like everyday, I wake up super early to feed the four cats that are the new mascots for the boys volleyball team. I watch Mei happily purr in content as I pour her some cat food in her bowl. She's so adorable~ I grab the closest bowl next to me and notice Kuroko messing with Nekota. I rub my eyes and get a better look at the two cats. I swear those cats remind me of Kuroo and Kenma, Kuroko always messes with others like Kuroo and Nekota is always quiet and observant like Kenma. I give those two their food and grab the last bowl for Cho.... Where is Cho?

"Cho? Where are you?" I shout, having no idea how loud I am. I thought she was here? I get up and search the kitchen for Cho, but suddenly something soft and heavy lands on my head. I look up to find Aoi behind me holding Cho. "Cho~" I take her off Aoi's hands and nuzzle her to my cheeks.

"Akane..." Aoi says, but I don't notice. Aoi pokes me to get my attention. "Akane I found her in the hallways," he tries to tell me in sign language, but doesn't realize that's he mouthing his words along his gestures.

I give him a thumbs up in his effort to talk to me through sign language, "Did you learn that in the library yesterday?" I slowly ask him in sign language and he nods his head. Dang it Aoi... I quickly bow my head down, "Thank you Aoi!" I shout in full gratitude and he jumps back in surprise.

"Why are you thanking me?!" He spurts out and I grin.

"There's no brother out there who would patiently wait for their sister in the library like you," I merrily grin and he smiles.

"There's no sister like you too," he ruffles my hair full of affection. "Akane did you fully charge your cellphone today?" Aoi nags me and I shove my cellphone to his face.

"Even if you don't tell me I would charge it," I tell him, "after all I have to use it as my alarm." He takes my phone and turns on the max volume much to my surprise.

"Akane you didn't even put the cellphone on full volume," he says and I quickly snatch it from him.

"You know I can't hear it so why do that?" I ask suspiciously and he points to the cellphone.

"It's a means of communication. If you're not with your cellphone then you'll never text me back, but the team will know I texted you if they hear the ring," He tells me and he gives me a dubious look. "It's been a year since you knew all of them and they still don't know that you can't hear huh?" He crosses his arms and I bite my tongue.

"....No and I don't plan on telling them anything," I conclude as I gather the cats to take them to school. "They will all treat me differently," I look Aoi in the eye, "I would rather read their lips everyday to figure out what they're trying to say than having them no longer talk to me because I can't hear. The rumor that I'm strange or whatever is better than the truth." I answer and he frowns.

"I understand, but you're going to go through some problems as a manager for sure, you only have two eyes. There's no way you're read all their lips at the same time along with the people talking that you can't see. At least tell someone close to you that you can't hear..... like Kenma." Aoi says and I clench my teeth.

"Especially Kenma. He can never know," I tell him directly and get my bag ready for school.

Kenma POV
(After School)