34. Love Advice

Akane POV
(First Day of the Training Camp ~ In the morning)

"Hi, my name is Akane Yoshina, a second year from Nekoma High!" I introduce myself to the managers from the other high schools that are here for the Tokyo training camp.

"I'm Nanami Matsuoka, a first year from Nekoma High. Please take care of us," Nanami greets.

"It's nice to meet you! My name's Eri Miyanoshita from Ubagawa High," a girl with medium length black hair in twin tails happily says.

"Yukie Shirofuku, a third year from Fukurodani Academy. I like food," a girl with reddish brown hair and brown eyes greets with a small smile.

"Hi! I'm Kaori Suzumeda also from Fukurodani Academy," a girl with tan color hair in a ponytail grins.

"Mako Otaki, I'm from Shinzen High," a girl with brown hair tied up in a side ponytail greets then looks my way. "I didn't see you here last year Akane. Are you new?"

I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. "I am."

"That's okay, I'm still new too!" Kaori proclaims as she raises her hand up in the air.

"Same! I'll do my best!" Nanami adds.

"Awww you girls are so cute. If there's anything you girls don't know, you can always come to us," Eri grins.

"We'll be willing to help," Yukie says as she pats our heads.

"Thanks," the three of us respond.

As we get together, Nanami pulls me off to the side where it's just the two of us. "Akane if there's anything you need help with just let me know. I'll make sure no one will notice that you can't hear," she quietly says and I chuckle.

"Thanks Nanami. I'm pretty sure, I can manage but it's nice to know that there's someone to rely on," I admit.

"Of course! That's what friends are for," Nanami grins.

Because today was the first day, it was mostly just the boys cleaning up the temporary dorms that they were going to be at for the next few days then a little bit of volleyball practice after.

While Nanami was getting the boys' jerseys ready, I was outside the gym filling the boys' water bottles with water.

I feel someone poke my shoulder and turn around to see Kenma standing there.

"Do you need help?" Kenma offers.

I look at the many water bottles that I needed to fill then turn to him. I haven't talk to him for a while and if we could talk for just a little, it shouldn't be something bad. "Sure, thanks Kenma," I answer with a small smile.

Together, the two of us fill water bottles in a long silence.

...

What should I say?

I'm afraid if I say something wrong he'll be reminded of my confession and it'll get awkward again.

I glance over Kenma who's not saying a single word as he fills in the bottles.

I wonder what Kenma is thinking right now? Even though we have been friends for about a little over a year, there's still a lot about him that I don't know. There are times where's he's like an open book while other times he's closed off.