12. Watch Out!

Akane POV

I'm playing with the cats and at the same time I'm imagining in my how my date with Kenma would turn out.

He never asked me out on a official date. There were times in the past where we would play with the cats or would go to the pet store to buy food for them, but I wouldn't really consider it as a date with Kenma... since Aoi was there.

Yes Aoi is always watching us, my big protective brother.... Of course I told him to leave us alone, but he is in my house so I can't avoid him and if I wasn't at home, he would make up some excuse saying he happen to be here. Yet today he has college interview that he can't skip so I know he won't bother us.

My cellphone starts to vibrate and I see a text from Kenma.

<I'm here>

I put a pillow on my face and squeal after seeing Kenma's text. He's here already! A date with just Kenma and I. It's a dream come true!

I'm a little surprised that Aoi let me go easily, but it's fine. He has to do his own things and once he comes back from his interview, he would finally see the adult side of me. I can only be so happy today, anymore happiness and I might burst~

I'm try to put the cats in the basket, but none of them would go into the basket. Why is life so hard!? I need them to come with me to the park!

I feel a pat on the back and see that it's my mom. "It's okay I'll take care of them," she mouths then smiles and my eyes brighten in joy.

"Thanks!" I give her a big hug then run to the door to open it.

My heart beats fast when I see Kenma standing in front of my house waiting for me. It feels like we're dating as boyfriend and girlfriend.

We're even some what matching today which makes me feel all giddy inside. Today Kenma wore a black shirt and jeans while I wore a red and black plaid shirt with black tank top underneath with shorts and my hair put in pigtail braids.

"Akane are you ready to go?" Kenma asks me.

"Of course," I grin and walk beside him.

"The cats didn't want to come today?" Kenma asks.

I sigh. "I tried to bring them, but I guess they would rather be inside the house."

"I would stay inside your house too. It's nice in there," he calmly says and I giggle.

"You're like a cat Kenma!" I happily point out to him as I imagine Kenma as a cat in my house. "I'm glad you like my house."

"I do... But Aoi glares at me sometimes for no reason," Kenma states and I sweatdrop.

"Uh, let's get some food to eat first you can't walk if you have an empty stomach!" I pump my fist and a small smile forms on his face.

"Let's go to McDonalds. There's a gym and two close by Pokestops there," he says and nods his head agreeing with my idea to get some food before we go walk around to catch some Pokemon.

(Meanwhile - outside of McDonalds)

The Nekoma team meet together outside of McDonalds while Kenma and Akane are eating, but at the same time they're keeping themselves hidden from Kenma and Akane.