Chapter 19

Camille's P.O.V

I wake up screaming my lungs out. My brother comes barging into my room, along with my father and mother. They come to my side.

Jet kneels down beside the bed, Dad sits down on the edge of the bed, and Mom sits on the other side of the bed.

"It was just a dream." My dad says, consoling me. He pulls me into a warm embrace. I start to cry. He tells me nice things and comforts me.

Finally, I sit up and look at my family. "It wasn't a dream. It was a nightmare." I say.

"Probably one of your worsts." Jet says. I nod my head. He isn't wrong.

"We're here for you if you need us." My mom says.

"I just hope that I won't get nightmares during the games. That won't help me out none." I say. We all laugh a little at that.

"What if you do get this nightmare again?" Jet asks. I look down at my hands.

"Nothing, I guess. Depends on what part of the games we are in." I say. I sigh. Why does my life suck so much?

"Everything will be okay. You won't have that nightmare during the games. I forbid it." My mom says. I laugh a little. She can't forbid it, but she can try.

"I'm sorry I woke up all of you." I say.

"We wanted to know what is going on. We care about you." My dad says. I smile at him.

"Thank you." I whisper. My mom and dad give me one last hug, wish me goodnight, and walk back towards their room. Jet doesn't leave though.

"You sure that you are okay?" He asks.

"I told you that I was fine. Why don't you believe me?" I ask.

"Because you are my sister. That's why." He says. I laugh a little.

"Thanks. That means so much." I say sarcastically.

"I'm going back to bed. Don't wake me up again, okay?" He asks jokingly.

I laugh. "I'll try not to."