Chapter 55

President Fire's P.O.V

I follow Marcia back to my office. Once we are in my office, she turns around to look at me. Worry and love is all over her face.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"There has been some commotion in District 12." She tells me.

"When did it start? How bad is it?" I ask her.

"It started a little after the Reaping. It really showed after the little girl's death. They think it is wrong for a girl her age to enter the arena."

"Tell the Peacekeepers to calm down the crowd. Make sure no one rebels."

She hesitates before saying, "I already did. It didn't calm them down. If anything, it made them angrier."

I sigh. This is not what I need. In the past, during the 74th and 75th Hunger Games, rebellions really started to happen. Things can't get that bad.

"I guess we let nature take its course. We tried everything that doesn't involve killing." I say.

"Yeah. But we may need to hurt some people to prove a point. In just saying." She tells me. And I know this.

"I got to go. I never realized how much the Head Gamemaker has to do." I say.

"Do you really need to go back so soon?" She asks. I look at her, a small smile starting to grow.

"I guess I can wait." I say. I pull her towards me, kissing her soft lips.

I hope the gamemakers do what I told them earlier.