Chapter 28

Annie's P.O.V

It's lunch time. I sit with my husband and son. Camille decided to sit with us today. When she came over, she sat on the right side of me. I give her a side hug and hold her hand.

She squeezes my hand and I about bursted into tears. I am going to miss her when I die.

Finnick is sitting on the left side of me and Jet is sitting on the left side of Finnick. A family that sticks together. For now.

Katniss's family sits across from us. Johanna sits next to little Alyssa. We are all talking about the games and what we think it will be.

"I think it will be a beach!" Alyssa exclaims.

"It could be all forest." Jet says.

"No, no, no. You got it all wrong. It's going to be part desert, part forest, part water, and part snow. Deal with the different environments." Camille says.

"So true!" Alyssa exclaims. I think Alyssa likes Camille. Probably thinks of her as a big sister.

Camille laughs at that. While we are all talking, a voice on the intercom calls a tribute's name one by one.

Then, I hear my name. "Annie Odair."

I get up from my seat and go in the training room. Once inside, I see the gamemakers watching me.

I look around, wondering what I should do. I go over to the archery station, get a person target, and position it in front of the gamemakers.

I grab a handful of knives and position myself far away from the target. Then, I throw a knife at the target. It gets a bullseye in the chest.

I throw more knives, adding more pizazz each throw. Finally, my time is up. I thank the gamemakers and walk out.

I think I did pretty good. Throwing knives is my only good weapon. I walk into the elevator, press my floor button, and sigh a breath of relief. I am glad that is over with.

I'm just glad that I didn't embarrass myself.