Chapter 21

Alyssa's P.O.V

That. Felt. Amazing! I just let all my feelings go! I love it!

I don't care if my mom tells me to go to my room. That shouldn't even count as a punishment. Although, I do feel sorry for saying something to Mom and Dad about Matthew's new girlfriend. Is she his girlfriend?

I hear a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shout.

My mom comes in. She shuts the door and sits down next to me on my bed. "Alyssa, what just happened down there?" She asks.

"I don't know. You tell me." I say sassily. Where did all this sass come from? I like it.

"Why would I tell you if I asked you? You have been really bad today. Is it because of today's training? Because you will see the tributes all in one big room full of weapons?" She asks.

Thanks for making me feel nervous, Mom. I look down at my hands and start to feel this anger build up in me. Why won't she leave me alone?

She stays silent. I should probably answer. "I don't know." That was the best I could come up with. Sad, I know.

"We leave at ten o'clock. One of us will come and get you so we can all leave together." She says. And with that, she gets up and exits the room, closing the door behind her.

I sigh of relief. I don't know why but I started to get angry. She kept asking questions and it was getting really annoying. Has she always been like this?

I look around the room for something to do. Maybe this is a decent punishment. I could watch the past Hunger Games, but that would not help my trauma.

I am surprised that Mom didn't ask why I watched Camille's Hunger Games. I can see why she wouldn't let me watch it. And to think, that was only three years ago.

She's eighteen! I think to myself. That means my brother is dating an older girl. He's only sixteen. Ha!

I lay down on my bed and start to daydream.

Maybe this punishment is not so much of a punishment.