Chapter 25

Camille's P.O.V

I am happy. Too happy. And my family can tell.

"Why are you so happy? You have never been this happy in forever." My dad says. "Not like it isn't a bad thing."

"I know what you mean. I just had a good day is all." I say.

Jet gives me a look that says "whatever. " I haven't told Jet about me seeing Matthew. I don't know how he will take the news. But I'll tell him soon. I just don't know when.

"Finnick, leave the girl alone. Let her be happy. We should all be like that." My mom says. I smile more at her and she smiles back at me.

"I going to leave before this turns into a love fest." Jet says. He heads towards his room.

"I think I am going to do the same. Today was a long day and tomorrow may be longer. Night, Mom and Dad." I say. I hug each of them goodnight and go to my room.

I am just about to close my bedroom door when I hear Jet. "Wait a second, sis."

I keep the door open and see Jet. "How may I help you, big bro?" I ask politely.

"Let me in first." He says. I let him in and close the door. "What's going on? Why are you so happy?"

"I think I am in love!" I blurt out. I don't care anymore. I had to say to someone soon.

"With who? Jem? Justin?" Jet asks.

"Ew! No! Matthew." I say, saying Matthew's name dreamily.

"The District 12 boy? Seriously? You have really gotten low." Jet says.

"You're just jealous that I have already found love." I say.

"You do realize that you and him may die, right?" He says.

"I know. But I don't think about that. That's a terrible thing to think." I say.

"I'm gonna tell Mom and Dad." He says.

"I don't care. They can know all they want." I say. I go over to my bed and I sigh while falling on top of it. "He's amazing."

"Yeah, yeah. Do you want me to tell Mom and Dad?" He asks.

"Sure. Wait! I wanna see the looks on their faces." I say.

"Then, come on. I am telling them right now." He says. I immediately get off the bed and go to where Mom and Dad is. They are in the sitting room, talking.

"Mom and Dad, I have something to tell you." Jet says.

"I think I am in love!" I blurt out. Mom gives an excited squeal while Dad looks at me with confusion in his eyes.

"I thought I was saying this to them." Jet says.

"Well, I beat you to it." I say.

"Honey, this is great! Who is it?" She asks.

"It's Matthew, Mom. The boy from District 12." I say.

"Katniss and Peeta's kid. Nice kid. I trust him." Dad says. I just roll my eyes.

"And he likes me back!" I say excitedly. Mom and I scream at this.

"Stop acting like a bunch of girls!" Jet says.

"Well, we are girls. So shut up." I simply say.

"Oh my God! That's amazing! Tell me everything." Mom says. And I do. I tell her from the moment I laid my eyes in him to today. "Too bad that it may not last long. But I don't think you care though."

"No, I don't. I want to spend every minute I have with him." I say. "But I want him to be with his family too."

"I know, sweetie. It's getting pretty late. Why don't you two get some rest." Dad suggests to Jet and me.

"Okay. Night guys. Again." I say. I hug them both and go up to my room. Jet doesn't come to my room. I get ready for bed.

Once inside the bed, I hope I dream of Matthew. For once, my life seems a little bit perfect. As much as it can be.

I dream of Matthew and I wish it would never end.