Chapter 78

President Fire's P.O.V

"The boy is dead, sir." A gamemaker says.

The boy is dead? Finally! "Good." I say, keeping my cool.

"Can I talk to you in private?" Marcia asks.

"Of course." I say, following her out of the room. We walk towards my office. Once we are inside she faces me with a sad look in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"That is terrible. I didn't think you would actually be happy about that." She says.

"What's terrible?" I ask.

"You actually want to kill that boy. How could you?"

"You also wanted the boy to be dead."

"I didn't think you would actually go through it." She says, starting to get angry.

I sigh. "Besides, I didn't kill the boy. Another tribute did. I'm just happy they did. Although, now I can't use my plan."

"Why kill the boy when his sister was the one who actually wanted there to not have a victor?" Marcia asks, then suddenly stops talking. But then, I start to get angry. She's right. I have to kill the girl.

"You're right. I have to go." I say, walking towards the door.

"Oh no, you don't." She says, taking my arm. She turns me towards her, and I can see the anger in her eyes. "Let the tributes take care of killing each other. You have no right inflicting death on the tributes."

"I can do what I want." I say. I take my arm out of her grasp, and walk out the door.

"I hate to do this!" I hear Marcia call out to me, but I ignore her.

I got a girl to kill.