Chapter 27

Haymitch's P.O.V

"Alright, everyone. Today is when you show your skills to the gamemakers. So don't screw up." I say.

"Well that is encouraging advice." Katniss says.

"Well, what do you want me to say?" I ask sourly. Katniss stays quiet. "That's what I thought."

"So we just show off our skills? That's all?" Alyssa asks.

"That's exactly what you do." I say. Out of all of Katniss and Peeta's family, I like Alyssa the best. I want her to win this year's games.

"You got ten minutes to show them what you got. Those ten minutes can mean life and death." I say.

"How?" Alyssa asks.

"Your score can tell of you are someone to mess with or not it the games. In can also help get you some sponsors and maybe an ally or two."

"Cool." She says. I look at Matthew and notice that he hasn't said a word. The same with Peeta.

"What's up with the boys today? They are silent." I say

"Just nothing to say." Peeta says.

"Okay, everyone! Time to go!" We hear Effie announce. We all get up from the dining room table and I walk with them to the elevator.

"Haymitch, can I talk to you real quick?" Katniss asks.

"You are about to leave." I say.

"I don't care. I need to tell you this."

I pull Katniss away from the group. "What is it?" I ask.

"It's about Matthew. And the lethal killer." She says.

"What about them?"

"They are seeing each other. And I want her dead. You got to kill her off somehow."

"I am not allowed to do that. Only the gamemakers and the tributes can do that. Hell, you can do that." I explain.

"I just want you to make sure that she doesn't win. I want her gone."

I sigh. How can I do that? "I won't make any promises. But I'll try."

"Thank you, Haymitch." She says to me. And with that, she walks over to the elevator.

How am I going to do this?