Chapter Two: Caroline

I was so relieved and over joyed! Relieved because Ridge finally allowed his family to know that Thomas was Douglas's father. There was no reason to hide anymore. Now we can return to our regular beautiful lives. I was also over joyed because my birthday was in four more days and I had some things planned. I wanted to throw a pool party. After all, I was a summer baby so a pool party would be perfect! I knew for a fact that I wanted Uncle Bill, Wyatt, Liam, Steffy, Rick and Maya to be there. Of course everyone else was welcome to come as well. Which reminds me, I should make some phone calls soon and discuss this to everyone. Hope everyone could make it. I know Ridge probably wouldn't want Uncle Bill to be invited to anything that I was planning but it was too bad. It was my  birthday and that was my  uncle. Ridge could at least pretend to like Uncle Bill for a day if that would even be possible.

        I skipped merrily into the kitchen to make Ridge and I some breakfast. I could tell already that today was going to be a good day. As I entered the kitchen, there sitting down with no shirt on was Thomas. He was reading a newspaper with a cup of tea in his hand. Wasn't it too hot for tea?

       "Thomas," I greeted, "didn't expect to see you up so early."

        Thomas's eyes remained on the newspaper. "Yea. I didn't expect to be up early either."

        I walked over to the fridge and took out frozen oatmeal. It was Ridge's favorite. I glanced at Thomas from the corner of my eye and I saw that he was looking back at me. I tried my best to ignore his stare and continue to scoop out oatmeal for Ridge.

        "You never guess what happened yesterday," Thomas said excitedly.

         Did he break up with Veronica? Probably not because he seemed too excited.

       "What happened yesterday?" I wondered.

      "He didn't tell you?" Thomas asked with surprise. I looked at him.

      "He? He who?"

      "Your cousin."

      "Which one?" I wondered. "You do know that I have two cousins, right?"

     Thomas gave a quick laugh and I smiled. "Silly me. I some times forget." He leaned forward and for a second I thought that he was going to kiss me. "Liam called me yesterday night and announced that he was seeing someone."

     "Liam?" I asked. Thomas nodded. I gave a slight chuckle. Liam's seeing someone? That's like saying Ridge and Uncle Bill were best friends. In other words, strange. "Well that's new."

     "I was thinking the exact same thing," Thomas said. I wasn't sure if he really meant that or if  he was just saying that to impress me. "Said he met her through his new website and it was love at first type."

     When Thomas said "love at first type" I smiled. It sounded kind of cute.

    "But honestly speaking, I know that's not going to last," Thomas said.

     "What makes you say that?" I asked.

      "Well probably because his heart belongs to Steffy," Thomas replied, "no one else."

     "Ever thought he probably got over Steffy and is trying to move on with his life," I remarked.

      Thomas blinked. "I doubt that because Steffy still wants him in her's. I could just feel it in my chest." And what a nice chest he had. "Don't you see Caroline, my sister and Liam are the dream couple. They shouldn't be loving, or should I say fake loving, someone else." I froze. Fake loving someone else? "They belong together just like-" He stopped as I waited for him to continue.