Chapter Thirteen: Steffy

"Not to rush you or anything Steff, but Dad's waiting for us at Liam's place," Wyatt said. I was in the bedroom putting on my foundation while he was in the living room waiting for me. "And might I add that Dad's not a patient person."

        Bill was a grump, that's what he was. He was nothing like Wyatt or Liam. I finished putting on my foundation and lipstick and looked at myself in the mirror, one last time. I looked nice but I didn't feel that way at all. Truth was that I didn't want to see Liam or meet his girlfriend. This was all a big waste of time.

        "Dad just now texted saying that he's giving us thirty minutes to get there," Wyatt continued. I stepped out of the room and waited for Wyatt to see that I was ready. "After that he will be... " Wyatt looked at me and paused. His mouth fell open and I wanted to know what was wrong with him? "Gone," he finished. "Wow Steffy, you look amazing!"

       Did I? Because I didn't feel amazing.

       "You look like you're attending a ball or something," Wyatt said in awe.

       And speaking of the word "ball," I haven't told him yet about Caroline's masquerade birthday party. He'll know soon enough along with Bill and Liam.

       "Thank you," I said as we kissed.

       "Could I take a picture of you?" He asked. Picture? "This whole look that you're rocking would be perfect to add to our site."

       "Wyatt," I said with a sigh, "can we forget about pictures for now."

      Wyatt looked a little disappointed. "Sure," He told me, "whatever my sexy wife wants." I knew he would understand. He always does. "Besides, tonight is all about meeting Liam's woman." Indeed it was and I wish it wasn't. "So let's just go and have a good time, or at least pretend  to." Wyatt opened the door for me. "After you." I smiled at him. He was always a gentleman. Wyatt followed me out, locking the door behind him, as we went to meet Bill.

                                                                                   *

            "What the hell took you guys so long?" Bill demanded to know. We met him in front of Liam's house. The house that use to be mine and his.

          "What does that matter now," Wyatt said, defending us both from Dollar Bill, "all that matters is that we're here."

           Bill glared at me and then turned back to Wyatt. I wanted to know what his issue was. Then again, Bill had many.

        "So," I said after five silent minutes, "are we just going to stand here and look pretty or are we going to ring Liam's bell?"

          "Some of us don't even look pretty," Bill muttered and I wonder who he was referring to?

        "I guess I'll ring the bell," Wyatt said tiredly as he pressed the door bell.

          I felt nervous. I didn't know why but I did. We waited a few minutes but Liam never came to the door.

      "Is Liam gonna answer the door or what?" Bill asked irritably.

       "Maybe he's in the shower or something," Wyatt guessed.

       "Surprise he even takes showers," Bill jeered. I saw a small smile appear on Wyatt's face. That wasn't even funny.

      I pressed the door bell and at once the door opened. There Liam stood in a fresh cream colored suit. He looked handsome.