Chapter Eighteen: Thomas

If you asked me how I was feeling at this very moment, I couldn't tell you because I didn't know myself. What I did know was that I couldn't stay in that house anymore. Dad was turning me into a monster by the day and Caroline...there was nothing wrong at all with Caroline. I just felt like a complete ass for forgetting that her birthday was this Friday like Veronica's. How could something as important as that just slip my mind? What was wrong with me?

         Unlike Dad, I was actually on my way to Forrester's. What was I going to do there? I didn't know. 

      "Thomas what are you doing here so early?" Pam asked when I entered Forrester's. She was Forrester's receptionist as well as me and Steffy's great aunt. "Wait let me guess, you're here to see Veronica."

       "Not exactly," I told her, "just needed to get away from the house that's all."

       "I see," Pam said nodding her head happily. Like Caroline, Pam was an unusually happy person. "How's your little bro- how's Douglas?"

      "He's good," I replied. I knew that Pam was still seeing Douglas as Dad's son and not mine but I forgave her for it.  After all, it was Dad's fault for feeding her and everyone else that lie. Now that the truth was out, it was going to take some time for everyone to get use too seeing Douglas as my son, including Pam. "And Grand-dad? How is he doing?"

          Pam frowned and I knew that wasn't a good sign. "Terrible Thomas," She replied, "just terrible."

     "Wait, why terrible?" Pam was silent. "What's going on Pam?"

       Neither Steffy, Dad, Rick or I heard from Grand- dad for awhile. Ever since we begged him not to get involve with Quinn Fuller, Steffy's husband's awful mother, he just stopped talking to us. Now that Pam, who saw him more frequently than we all did, was saying that Grand- dad's terrible made me worry.

       "Promise me you won't tell anyone Thomas," Pam said looking at me with worry in her eyes. I nodded and Pam continued, "Eric has been depressed for sometime now. He told me that he hasn't heard or seen that wicked woman, Quinn, since three weeks ago. He's been refusing phone calls and visits, unless if it was from that devil herself."

       Grand- dad is refusing phone calls and visits? That doesn't sound like him at all.

        "But he will  let his family see him, right?" I asked. Pam was silent and I knew that met no. "I have to see him."

         I started to walk towards Grand- dad's office that stood behind Pam. Pam stood up and blocked my way.

       "No," She said fearfully, "don't! If he found out what I told you I-"

        "Nothing will ever happen to you Pam," I told her. Grand- dad was too kind to threaten someone if they did something that he didn't like.  He liked Pam so I didn't understand why she was behaving the way she was. "Let me see him."

       If I wanted to, I would've flung Pam over her desk but that's what the old Thomas would've done.

        "You can't," Pam said quickly, "I won't let y-"

         But before she could say "you," the door opened as Pam stumbled, nearly knocking her whole body into me. Grand- dad was standing at the door, looking as confused as Caroline did when she saw Dad home early.

       "Pamela what is going-" He stopped when he saw me. "Thomas... what are you doing here?"

     "He was just leaving," Pam lied. Then she looked at me. "Weren't you Thomas?"

      "Actually," I said my eyes just on Grand- dad, "I wasn't leaving."

       "But Pam said-" Grand- dad began.

      "I came to see you," I said interrupting him.

       "Came to see me?" Grand- dad asked puzzled. "What ever for?"

       "We need to talk Grand- dad," I said solemnly.

       "Can't it wait Thomas," Grand- dad said. "I'm real busy and-"

      "Busy with what?" I asked, annoyed. "Thinking about Quinn or ignoring your whole family?"

     Grand- dad took in a sigh. "So Pam told you something that she wasn't suppose to tell you." He said calmly. 

      "I tried to stop him Eric," Pam cried as she went over to him, "but he refused to listen."

       Grand- dad looked away from her tiredly and opened the door to his office. "After you Thomas," He said. I slid pass Pam and entered Grand- dad's office. Grand- dad closed the door behind him. "I'm all ears Thomas."

          I didn't know where to begin. All I know was that once I was done talking to Grand- dad, I had to tell Steffy all about this.