Chapter Thirty Four: Thomas

My dinner date with Veronica was all a blur. I couldn't remember anything that happened while we fine dined at the Ariphateez Amore. Just know that I didn't dare order the Foul Strudel. I didn't even ask Veronica whether or not if she had a good time, which I usually did when we went out. My mind wasn't there just my body that Veronica kept touching on our way there and back. The sad thing to all this was I actually wished that Caroline was the one touching my body, not Veronica.

       "So...what now?" Veronica asked me as she clung tight to my arm. "Wanna catch a movie or maybe do something slightly sexier." She kissed my arm lovingly. Usually I would have chosen the option of doing something slightly sexier with Veronica if I wasn't so focused on other things.

        "Let's go home," I told her softly.

        "Home?  As in your place?" She asked as her eyes sparkled excitedly.

         "Uh...I wouldn't call it my place," I told her.

        "Right," Veronica said as she nodded her head as if understanding, "it's your dad's and his child lover's place. I get it."

          Child lover? I really hoped that she wasn't referring to Caroline.

         "I mean she's like twenty seven and he's like old," Veronica continued, "That man could be her father." Try grandfather. "I think Caroline is so ridiculous. She probably is just using your dad for his money. I couldn't possibly imagine her being with him because of his looks or-"

       "She loves him Veronica," I said quickly interrupting her so she would stop, "end of discussion." Didn't know why she did love him and I didn't really want to know.

        "Loves  him?" Veronica echoed. "No offense to your father or anything but Ridge Forrester isn't exactly the tall, rugged and handsome kind of man. Not like you anyway." Veronica leaned on my shoulder and kissed the side of my neck. "If anything, I would have thought you and her would have been together. Too late now though."

       I too had thought Caroline and I would end up together. The more I thought about it the more angry I became that my dad had her heart. I shook my head to clear my thoughts of Caroline away. Veronica was my girlfriend now and she was the only thing that needed my attention and my love. I hailed a cab for Veronica as she kissed me five times before she got in.

        "I'll see you for my birthday?" She asked as I closed the cab door for her. I didn't want to keep the driver waiting, plus I wanted to call Steffy.

      "Of course," I told her a bit unsure. Caroline's birthday was also the same as Veronica's and I had to do something for her as well. It would only be fair.

       "I love you," Veronica said sweetly. I nodded like an idiot as no words escaped my mouth. The cab drove away as Veronica stuck her head out the window of the cab to see me. I hoped she wasn't waiting for me to say that I loved her back.

       The cab vanished down the road and that was my cue to call Steffy. I took my cell phone out of my pocket and dialed her number. I really hope that she wasn't asleep with that clown, Wyatt. If you ask me she should be at home with Liam. Those two were meant to be and I just know that somehow they will find their way back to each other.

       Steffy's phone rang five times until her voice mail greeted me. She probably was asleep. I put my phone away and headed home to change out of my suit. After I changed into something more appropriate I was going to head over to Wyatt's place and demand to see my sister. She was still a Forrester which meant that Wyatt didn't have any right to hog her all to himself.