Chapter Five: Steffy

From the moment that I met Cressida at Liam's dinner, I sensed that there was something off about her. I admit that I was a little jealous of her because she was gorgeous, had a great sense of style and was Liam's new girlfriend but apart from that there was something fake about her. Something told me that she would be trouble. I had to get her away from Liam before she kills him. I-

           "Are you going to finish that?"

         I turned around to see Carter. He was eyeing my iced strawberry lemonade that I was in no mood for.

        "No," I replied, "you can have it." I mean he was doing an enormous amount of work in the hot sun and he deserved  the lemonade more than I did.

        "Thanks," he said as he picked up the refreshing glass, guzzling it down in a few seconds. As he put the glass down he stared at the back door of the kitchen in thought. Was everything alright with him?

          "You okay?" I asked.

         "Hmmm?" Carter asked and then my question seemed to have settled in his head. "Oh...I'm fine. Just a little tired is all."

       "You can go home if you're tired Carter," I told him. "We're not forcing you to stay if you don't want to."

         "I think it would be best to go home in truth," Carter agreed as he crunched down on the left over ice from the lemonade. "After what I witnessed a few minutes ago I rather not stay."

      "Witnessed a few minutes ago?" I questioned. "What did you witness a few minutes ago?" He made me curious. 

       "Your father and brother had a fight in your back yard," Carter explained and I should've known. "It wasn't just any fight though, more like your father was trying to kill your brother."

        "Wait, you're saying that you saw my father trying to kill Thomas?" I asked making sure that I heard Carter correctly.

       "With a sword if I may add," Carter replied as he nodded his head.

        Sounded like the time when Quinn threatened Liam with some collectible Samurai sword. What was wrong with Dad!?

      "Oh my God!" I gasped as I covered my mouth.

       "Exactly how I felt when I saw the whole scene happening," Carter said.

       "Is Thomas okay?" I asked concerned.

       "He's fine," Carter replied. "I pulled him out the way before your father could do any damage to him." Thank God for Carter.

       "I just don't get it.  Why would my father try to kill Thomas?" I wondered.

        "Your brother claimed  that he was drunk and wasn't in his right mind."

       "Dad drunk?" I asked confused as Carter returned my confused look. "He doesn't drink like that, not to the point of going insane. He's better than that."

       "And you  are better than all of them," Carter remarked. I paused because it was a honor to hear that I was the best in my family. Glad that someone thought that. "Take care of your family Steffy." I'll try to. Carter gave me a small smile as he headed towards the door to leave.

        "Carter," I called as he stopped at the door to look at me, "I need you to bring over divorce papers for Wyatt and I when you get the chance."

         Carter nodded. "I'll do that."

          "Thank you."

        Carter nodded again as he made his exit. God, you didn't understand how painful it was to tell him that I needed divorce papers for Wyatt and I. I didn't want to divorce Wyatt. He was the best husband that any woman could ever ask for. It was just that he was attached to that monster called Quinn who I refused to accept as a mother in law, due to so many reasons. That bitch needs to be in jail along with that Cressida.