Chapter Forty Three: Cressida

Liam and I walked hand in hand together as we went to meet up with Ms Fuller's son, Wyatt, and his wife. I was extremely  happy to be holding someone's hand who I truly trusted for reasons I couldn't describe. Liam was just the perfect gentleman and it showed last night when we made passionate love to each other. His kisses were soft and light. His hands were gentle on my body and his lips were smooth. Our night in bed together played over and over in my mind and I wondered if Liam was thinking about it too. Was I his first?

        I glanced over at Liam and gave him a smile. Ever since that special night he seemed quiet and I didn't want him to be. I loved hearing his voice and I wanted to hear it everyday for the rest of my life. Liam seemed focused and strangely nervous as we walked and I hoped he wasn't thinking about what horrible sex skills I had. I became slightly nervous myself as my smile vanished. He never did say anything to me like, "You were great Cressida"this morning. That's when I knew that some lucky beautiful woman probably pleased him better than I.

         I needed to stop pretending that Liam and I were a couple. I mean we were but it was all suppose to be pretend so that I could kill him for Ms Fuller. I wasn't going to kill this man who I practically fell in love with. I couldn't.

        "Good to see you bro, Cressida."

        Wyatt was standing next to a sleek expensive looking black car that looked like it cost half the money to pay for my grandma's surgery. He was dressed rather well in a brick red and gray plaid shirt with a gray vest over it and jeans. Just like Ms Fuller, he had style.

        "Is that Dad's car?" Liam asked, which seemed more accusing than a question.

         "It is," Wyatt replied as he gave Liam a confused look.

        "So why is it in your hands?" Liam asked as he let go of my hand to place his hands on his hips. "You're a terrible driver!"

        "For your information bro, he lent it to me," Wyatt answered, annoyance in his voice.

         "Lent it to you?" Liam echoed as he gave a soft quick chuckle as though mocking Wyatt. "The old man must be going senile already."

       "Can you be kind for just one second Liam and stop embarrassing yourself?" Wyatt questioned. Even though he was angry he was calm. Reminded me much of Dr. Braithwig. Liam grew quiet as Wyatt turned to me and gave me a pleasant smile. "How are you doing Cressida?" But before I could open my mouth to say anything, Liam spoke in what seemed like a grumble.

        "Where's Steffy?"

       "Steffy  had to tend to important matters with Eric which is the reason why she won't be joining us today," Wyatt replied.

        Steffy won't be joining us? Did that mean I would be alone with both Liam and Wyatt? I bit my lip nervously as Liam spoke.

        "Important matters with Eric?" he repeated, concerned. "Is everything alright?"

         "I sure hope so," Wyatt responded as Liam fell into silence yet again. Wyatt turned to me and something about the way he looked at me seemed strangely familiar. "So, you ready to try Ptolemy's delicious donuts?"

          For a second I wanted to know who Ptolemy was but then it occurred to me that that must've been the name of the donut place that he had planned for us.

        "Sure," I answered, "I'm always willing to try new things." Wyatt smiled, pleased with my answer. I turned to Liam who seemed as though he was lost in his thoughts. "Aint that right babe?" Liam didn't respond as Wyatt and I stared at him oddly. "Babe?"