Chapter Forty Four: Steffy

"Are you there yet?" Thomas asked me through the phone as I crossed the street, heading to Forrester's.

           "No," I replied plainly.

         I was a bit upset that I couldn't make it to Wyatt's outing. When I told him this morning that I had to see Grand-dad I remembered the sad look he had given me that made me wish that I said nothing at all. He understood but I knew he was disappointed.

       "Okay, how about now?" Thomas asked again. I practically could picture him smiling like a clown as he spoke.

         "No," I said again, forcing myself not to sound annoyed, "not yet." I bet he was having fun being annoying on the phone. It was so like Thomas.

        I pushed through the doors of Forrester's as an extremely handsome man with brown dusky skin and long flaming crow black shiny hair greeted me.

       "Good morning," he said to me, smiling politely.

         "Morning," I said back.

       "Are you-who are you saying good morning to?" Thomas asked. I was at the point of just hanging up on him.

     I ignored Thomas because it was none of his business. I looked back at the long hair stranger as he stood up straight, waiting to greet the next person to walk into Forrester's. He must be the new security guard because I honestly never saw him before. He looked more like a model than a security guard.

       "Steff, you there?"

       "Yes," I answered dully. "I'm at Forrester's now."

       "Perfect!" Thomas said and I heard excitement in his voice. "Now this is what I want you to do sis. I want you to-"

        "Talk to Grand- dad, I know," I said finishing up his sentence. "We discussed this already Thomas."

       "Actually...that wasn't the only thing that I sent you to do," Thomas said.

        "What?" I asked.

        "Don't be mad Steff," Thomas said. It was way  too late for that. "You see, I actually left a Victoria Secret bag for Veronica in Grand- dad's office yesterday and I kinda would like you to get it back for me."

      I was starting to understand why Grand- dad kicked Thomas out his office because I would've done the same thing. He didn't really care about Grand- dad. He just wanted what he left behind in his office. Typical Thomas. It was no wonder why he could barely keep a girlfriend.

        "Steff, you there?" Thomas asked.

       Without replying to him, because I knew that I would say something nasty that I may regret, I hung up the phone and put it on silent. I was sick of him and I'm sure he probably knew that I was. I could've actually been able to make it to Wyatt's outing and see Liam had I known that Thomas had something plan up his ridiculous sleeve. 

         I took in a breath, trying to calm myself as I headed to Grand -dad's office. I wanted to see him again but at the same time I was scared to see what that hag's love did to change him so. Pam must've been on her lunch break with Charlie because I didn't see her at the front desk. That was a good thing though. Knowing my great aunt Pam, she may just distract me from seeing Grand- dad somehow. I took in another breath and knocked softly on Grand -dad's door.

       "Come in." came his deep loving voice. A voice that has been missed for quite sometime. Gently, I opened the door as Grand- dad stood, back facing me.