Chapter Twenty: Nicole

When I saw that Zende and Sasha were in the same room together, it made me angry. I knew that Sasha was probably flirting around with him. That was what she did best.

      "Don't act like I'm speaking a different language here," I said testily. I turned to Zende. "I heard you say 'not even Nicole' so I'm asking, not even Nicole what?"

      "Nick he was just-" Sasha began, but I didn't wanna hear it.

      "I was talking to Zende  thank you very much," I told her curtly. Sasha went quiet and I knew she probably was feeling guilty of something. I looked back at Zende who looked at Sasha and then at me. Why was he looking at her?

       "Look Nicole," Zende said gently as he looked into my eyes, "Sasha was having a rough day and-"

       "Rough day?!" I asked looking at Sasha up and down. "She seems like she's been having a great day to me."

       "She's not," Zende said annoyed. Sasha bowed her head as she should. How many times did I have to tell her to stay away from Zende? "She missed her photo shoot today because she got robbed last night while coming home from your parents house." Robbed? Oh, that's a good one Sasha. "Some idiot snatched her purse and-"

    "Snatched her purse?" I questioned.

      "Yes Nicole," Zende replied.

       "I don't believe that at all," I told him dully.

      "Believe it," Zende said firmly. "She came in here crying and-"

       "Crying?" Zende has got to be kidding me.

       "Is that so hard to believe Nick?" Sasha asked innocently.

        "In fact it is  Sasha," I said bluntly. "I can't believe Zende is actually buying your lies."

       "Nicole would you stop," Zende said.

     "Stop defending her Zende," I said firmly. "She has the word liar  written all over her forehead."

      "Nick please," Sasha said, begging me to stop embarrassing her in front of Zende. Enough was enough. She needed to be embarrassed. "You don't understand."

      "You're right. I don't understand because I had it with you Sasha," I told her. "You need to pack your things and go back to Illinois. I don't want you here and I know Dad doesn't either."

     "Why are you acting like this?" Zende asked. "This isn't the Nicole that I know."

     "Why am I acting like this?" I echoed. "After all she's done Zende, to you, to me, she has to go."

     "Nick I-" Sasha began.

     "You what Sasha?" I asked irritably. Sasha said nothing, as usual. "How many times did I tell you to leave Zende alone? Huh?"

    "Nicole please." I heard Zende say in the background but I ignored him.

     "But no," I continued as I glared at Sasha, "you just couldn't stay away from him."

     "Nick if you only just listen to me,  I would never-."

      "I'm done with listening to you Sasha," I said crossly. "The fact that you had the nerve to tell me last night that you should've  been wearing my gown and going out with Zende instead of me, is making me even more disgusted with you. Now you're here lying dead in Zende's face, telling him how your purse got stolen just for him to pity you and-"