Chapter Nine: Deacon

I caught a phobia of heights during the time Quinn was stuck on stupid, claiming that she was in love with Liam. Ironic, wasn't it? Quinn had pushed me off a cliff for no apparent reason. Luckily I fell into the ocean which was on my side. You didn't know how grateful I was to that very ocean that caught my fall. Still broke I was but still grateful to be alive. Quinn never gave me an explanation to why she pushed me off the cliff in the first place. Then again she was always doing something ridiculous and out of this world. Even though I could've died, I forgave her.  It was really no surprise to hear that she was hiring someone to kill Liam and bring his heart back to her. It just proved that Quinn was one hundred percent loony. Loony but lovely.

         "Can you move down?" Quinn asked impatiently. "Your behind is taking up half of the space on this poor tree."

         I stared at Quinn unamused. We were both sitting on a palm tree that stood outside Liam's house. He lived near the beach in Malibu so you can expect what his surroundings were like. Quinn wanted to spy on Cressida to make sure that she killed Liam this time around.

       "In case you are unaware, babe, there is barely any space for me to move," I told her irritably. Quinn rolled her eyes and she better stop rolling them or else.

        "If I knew you were gonna be this difficult I wouldn't have bought you along."

        "But you did," I told her, "so it's best that you enjoy me and my difficult behavior." Quinn shook her head and I winked. "You know you enjoyed difficult Deacon before so why not enjoy him again?"

          "I don't want to," Quinn replied.

         "Let me guess, still in love with the old thing to consider me again?" Quinn was silent and her silence disgusted me. "Lets be real here Quinn, it's obvious that you will never see Eric again and-"

         "You don't know that," Quinn said avoiding my eye contact.

          "I mean unless you're  bold enough to waltz back into the old coot's mansion after you done broke things off," I remarked, "which wouldn't be so wise especially if Steffy is around and then-"

        "Can we not talk about Eric right now," Quinn said tiredly, "we have bigger fish to fry."

       "And speaking of fish, I could use some lobster and seasoned flounder in my stomach right about now," I stated. Quinn shook her head at me and I knew that she wanted to smile. She took out a pair of black binoculars that rested on her hip and placed them up to her eyes. "You are not serious about using those binoculars, are you?"

       "These babies are my best friend," Quinn responded. I thought I was. "Now be quiet. I think I see Cressida and Liam."

        I followed Quinn's binocular gaze and sure enough there cuddling on a bed bug ridden couch was Liam and Cressida. I took in a sigh because I already knew that this was going to be a long day.

      "I could stay in your arms all day," Cressida commented. She was smiling rather hard and you would have thought that she won the lottery or something. "But we have to get back to business."

       "The business could wait," Liam replied. "You're far more important than the business right now." I'm sure he probably said something like that to my daughter, Hope,and we all saws what happened to that  relationship.

        "You think so?" Cressida asked as she looked into Big Foot's eyes.

       "I know so," Liam answered as he kissed her on the forehead.