Chapter Twenty One: Nicole

When Zende told me that there was only one thing we could do in order to tell Sasha the truth about Inari, he met that we follow her to Inari's house. I didn't want to stalk  Sasha because I knew she'd think more  bad of me than she probably does now but Inari was dangerous. Zende and I got caught in the heavy down pour the minute we walked through that wooded area where we saw Inari transform earlier. I was a bit upset that I got wet but Zende didn't seem to care if his taupe colored suit was wet or not. He was determine  to tell Sasha about Inari...more determine than I was.

      "You sure about this, Zende?" I asked as we made our way out of the wooded area and into something that looked like a background that you would see in story books. Sasha had led us to a huge cottage that had a huge garden of roses. A dozen of trees surrounded the cottage making it look sweet and homey. It was a surprise such a terrible thing, Inari, lived in something that Zende and I should  have lived in.

      "Yes," Zende replied gently as we hid behind a tall dripping wet tree. "I have a good feeling that today may just be the last day that we have that Inari guy in our lives. In Sasha's  life."

      "I sure hope you're right," I told him.

     "When was the last time I steered you wrong baby?" Zende asked as he looked at me.

     "You never did," I replied as I looked into his lovely brown eyes. My Zende never steered me wrong...although there was a time when I was going to give Rick and my sister another baby and he just flipped out and went to Sasha for comfort. They both ended up in Hawaii together doing who knew what. That was all in the past though and I didn't think he would make another trip with Sasha again.

       "So trust me," Zende said in a hushed voice as he took my hands in his. "I got this." I believed him. I believed that he had this all under control. He leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead. Although we were having a couple of issues this past week, those issues were going to end. I knew they were.

       The sound of a door closing made Zende and I remember why we came here in the first place. We both looked and saw that Sasha was gone from where we last saw her.

        "Now what?" I asked sounding a bit nervous.

       "We wait," Zende replied as he stared solemnly at the cottage.

      I looked at him and wished that I could be as solemn and confident as he was. Truth was that I was scared. I was scared  that I may lose my sister in a way that I never thought I would. I would lose her without ever getting the chance to apologize for what a total bitch I had been to her. I admit that I wasn't a good sister to her but that didn't mean that I didn't love her. I'm sure Daddy and Maya loved her too even though they didn't show it. 

     I took in a deep breath as I tried my best to look as fearless as Zende. We were ready to expose Inari even if it meant that we would hurt Sasha first before he did.

                                                                                    *

        Ten minutes passed and the silence of not seeing Sasha back outside was killing me. What if Inari had his way with her as he did that girl a few days ago? I mean like that girl, he already  seduced Sasha into falling in love with him. She was already vulnerable now more than ever which gave Inari the perfect opportunity to hurt her. Zende bit his lip in thought and that's when I knew he wasn't as confident as he was a few minutes ago. That wasn't a good sign. Sasha not coming out that house was also not a good sign. I refused to wait anymore. I was going to go in that house and attack that Inari myself. I picked up my white damp dress and marched over to the beautiful yet ugly cottage. The heavy down pour was now turning into light drizzle, making it easier to see the detail of Inari's cottage more clearly.