Chapter Thirty Two: Ridge

"What's this about Logan?" I asked as I entered Brooke's kitchen. There she was dressed in a beautiful pink sheath dress that fitted her elegant form well. Brooke looked at me shocked as though she didn't expect me to be with her so late. "I got your text saying that you wanted to see me and here I am."

        "Ridge," she said still shocked, "when I said that I wanted to see you I didn't mean as in right now."

        "But you texted me in the night so whatever it is that you have to tell me must be important," I replied as I took a seat beside her. "I'm listening."

       "You shouldn't keep inviting yourself over here knowing that Rick and Maya live here too," Brooke reminded. "Plus what would Caroline think if she-"

      "Caroline doesn't know I'm here and she never will," I said interrupting Brooke. Then I softened my voice a bit since it was Brooke that I was talking to. "Stop worrying Logan." Brooke looked at me and I smiled at her. "Promise me you'll stop worrying."

       Brooke sighed. "Because it is you Ridge Forrester who I'm talking to, I promise."

      "Good," I replied. "Now care to tell me what was so important?" Brooke bit her lip and that was when I knew that whatever she was about to tell me wasn't good. I cocked my head to the side and waited for her reply.

      "Bill texted me a few hours ago." 

       "Spencer?" I asked in disgust. Brooke nodded. "And what did he want?"

       "I honestly don't know," Brooke admitted with a sigh. "All he said was that he wanted to see me tomorrow morning at his office."

       Already I didn't like what she was telling me. Hell, I didn't understand why she was still talking to Spencer after what he did to her the other day.

       "And what did you tell him?" I wondered. I hope that she told him that she didn't want to see him. Next minute that no good man may try to do something inappropriate to her and I couldn't have that.

      "I just texted back a simple okay  to him, that's all," Brooke answered.

       "You honestly can't tell that man no can you?!" I spat as I shot up from my chair.

         "Ridge, it's not that serious," Brooke told me as she gently placed her hands on my shoulders as if to calm me down.

        "It's not that serious!?" I echoed angrily. "If I may say so myself when it comes to you Logan, everything is serious!"  Brooke paused as she looked at me. A shocked look graced her elegant face.

       "Do you...do you still have feelings for me?" Brooke asked.

        I blinked and pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about. "What?"

       "I asked if you still have feelings for me?"

       I swallowed hard and looked at the fridge and then back at Brooke.

       "Yes," I replied, "I do...but that is beside the point." I stared down at a tea cup that sat on Brooke's table. "You shouldn't involve yourself with Spencer. Every time you do you get your heart broken and I don't-"

       "I'm not a child Ridge," Brooke cried and that was when I shut my mouth. "I don't need you to tell me what I should or shouldn't do. If I want to go see Bill tomorrow that is my choice and-"

     "And  you love him I know," I said finishing her sentence. She loves Spencer more than me and that was hard to accept.

       "Yes," Brooke replied. "I know he's not perfect but I love him and he loves me."

        "And what about Katie?" I asked. "Have you forgotten what he did to her?"

         "It wasn't just him Ridge!" Brooke yelled. "I take the blame for that too."

          I sighed as Brooke gave me an almost evil look. Seems she truly did love Spencer and that was something that I couldn't stop.

         "Look Logan I-"

       "I heard enough from you for one day," She said curtly. I must have upsetted her and I didn't mean to. "You should go."

        Brooke turned her back to me and I knew that I wasn't wanted. I just wanted to pull her close to me but I remembered that I was married to Caroline still. I took in a breath and headed towards the door. As I held the knob, ready to leave, I stopped. This wasn't me. I am not the one to give up on the woman that I truly cared for. I let go of the knob and went back over to Brooke. I turned her around to face me and kissed her hard on the lips. I pulled away from her as she gave me a "what the hell was that?" look.

        "I am coming with you to see Spencer tomorrow," I told her as I went towards the door. "That's not a threat but a promise."

        And with that, I left Brooke stun into silence as I closed the door behind me.