Chapter Thirty Eight: Inari

To be blunt, the only reason why I did choose to meet with Sasha here was because she reminded me so much of my Makawee. The way she looked to the way she interacted with me all bought me back to Makawee. It scared me yet delighted me all at the same time.

    "Mr. Forrester," Sasha said to an old pleasant looking man who was dressed formally. The old pleasant man's eyes remained on Sasha as I stood next to her unnoticed. "I'm actually here to recommend someone to you."

      "Recommend you say?" he asked as he stroked his beard with interest. "Please, tell me more."

       "I've noticed that Forrester's falling behind on security," Sasha said as I watched her speak to the older gentleman, "and I feel like maybe you should hire more people for the safety of your company."

     "Right," Mr. Forrester said. "That is very true."

     "Which brings me to introduce you to...drum roll please." Sasha drummed on Mr. Forrester's desk and I thought it quite cute of her to do that. She pulled me by my arm as Mr. Forrester glanced up at me. "Inari."

     "We'll I'll be," Mr. Forrester said as he looked at me. I looked back at him, not too sure what to say or do to this man that seemed extremely important. Mr. Forrester extended his hand for me to shake. I hated shaking people's hands because I wasn't much of a polite person but because Sasha was in the room, I tried to seem cordial. "It's a pleasure to meet you young man." I took his hand and shook it. "It's not everyday that I have a beautiful woman here introducing me to new comers."

     "And it's not everyday that I befriend a beautiful woman," I told Mr. Forrester. Sasha looked at me in surprise and I wanted to know why. Did she not think that she was beautiful?

     Mr. Forrester looked at me and then at Sasha. A knowing smile graced his face as he looked at Sasha. "You got yourself a nice young man," He commented. "Far better than Zende."

    "Mr. Forrester you must be mistaken," Sasha said as she blinked confused. "Inari and I are-"

     "Getting well acquainted," I said, finishing her sentence as I gave her a small smile. Sasha looked down at the floor as though she was speechless but I saw a smile appear on her face.

     "It all is making sense to me now," Mr. Forrester said in realization, "but anyway Inari tell me about yourself. I never seen you before and I want to know what kind of person you are."

     What kind of person am I? Let's see I'm introverted, slightly misanthropic, pessimistic, reserved, hungry for-

      "He can come off as a little rude and closed off," Sasha said answering for me, "but once you get to know him he's pretty cool." I looked at Sasha as my hair fell into my eye. "I mean he's also brave Mr. Forrester. He saved me from a bunch of misfits who tried to steal my purse. Can't get any more heroic than that."  Sasha playfully nudged me with her elbow as I looked at her. Did she really think that I was heroic and brave? She'd be the first to think that.

    "Interesting," Mr. Forrester said as he nodded his head.

      "And have you looked at his body- I mean not like I was but..." Sasha said as she lifted my arm to Mr. Forrester. She pulled my arm up as it flexed revealing my muscles. I felt silly but Sasha was having fun so I didn't mind. "Do you not see how muscular these arms are Mr. Forrester? Do you see how solid and compact they are? The perfect arms that are meant for security." I could feel my cheeks turn red and I hoped that I wasn't blushing or anything. Blushing is for the weak!

      "Interesting..." Mr. Forrester said again. This time it was as though he was thinking of something else.

      "Now imagine how similar his body is to his arms," Sasha continued as she looked at Mr. Forrester. Something about the way she said that seemed so...sensual.