Chapter Eighteen: Wyatt

If this wasn't my cousin's birthday party I wouldn't have came. I wasn't much of your average party guy the way Steffy and Liam were. Parties just didn't interest me because I didn't understand the point of them. If it meant to socialize, get drunk and do something that you wished you never did then that's certainly not my cup of tea. I rather be home in my bed with that special someone right beside me. Unfortunately, none of those things were coming true anytime soon and I had to face the facts. I took in a sigh as I isolated myself from everyone who I had no intentions to conversate with. The only person who I probably would have engaged in a conversation with was Nicole. She was my ex but also was a very good friend. Since she wasn't present at the party, I had no one here that I wanted to talk to.

       I walked passed Maya and Rick who were dancing close and enjoying themselves. To think Steffy and I could had been like them if she just held on to our marriage for one more day. She even admitted that I was a good husband to her and that the only reason she wanted to divorce me was because of Mom and her stupidness. I really should have expected that Mom would be up to something. Seems she always was when she wasn't with Eric. But no, poor kind and gullible me had to give her the benefit of the doubt. I just thought there was a possibility that Mom changed  her ways. Goes to show that people don't change as they do in movies and books.

      I went over to where the strawberry champagne stood. It was one of the best things there that was present at the party. I picked up the bottle and noticed that it still had something left in it. I might as well drink from the bottle since no one was coming to get any. As I picked up the bottle up, I heard that Bruno Mars song, That's what I like, play in the next room where everyone was. For a masquerade ball, I expected classical music to be playing throughout the mansion. Guess Caroline wasn't a fan of classical music and preferred modern hits. But hey, to each is own.

        I opened the bottle of champagne and took a sip of it. It was delicious! Had I known how good it would be I would had took first dibs on it. I took another sip of the strawberry decadence as the Bruno Mars song suddenly became catchy to me. I moved my finger left to right, in tuned with the beat. Who says that you need to socialize to have fun. I was having a blast with the pleasant comfort of the strawberry champagne that was half way done.

      "You deserve it Steffy, you deserve it all," I chorused with Bruno Mars who said baby instead of Steffy, "and I'm gonna give it you." I raised the slender bottle to my lips and continue to sing, treating the bottle as a mic, "Cuz you be shinning so bright. Strawberry champagne all night. Lucky for you that's what I like, that's what I like. Lucky for you, that's what I like, that's what I like." I held the now empty bottle close, imagining it being Steffy, as I twirled around the room. Good thing no one was here to see me do this. "Sex by the fire all night. Silk sheets and diamonds alright. Lucky for you, that's what I like, that's what I like. Lucky for you that's what I like, that's what I-" But before I could say like, I stopped as I saw Cressida standing in the door way. You didn't know how embarrassed I was because I knew that she probably saw me twirling around with the empty bottle. How long was she standing there? 

     "Having fun dancing and serenading the champagne I see," Cressida noted jokingly. "I'll come back when you two are done."

       I flushed with embarrassment as I quickly placed the empty bottle down quickly. "You saw nothing," I said as Cressida smiled. "What's up?"

       "Nothing really," Cressida answered, "just wanted to know if you seen Liam anywhere?"

        "Shouldn't he be with you?" I wondered.

        "Yea he should," Cressida replied as I heard a hint of concern in her voice. If Mom really thought that Cressida would help her kill Liam she was wrong. It was obvious that Cressida cared about my brother and I liked that she did. "One minute he was right beside me introducing me to Eric and Brooke, the next he's gone. I checked the bathroom and the dinning room but I saw no sign of him."