Chapter Twenty: Sasha

What started off as a light drizzle turned into a heavy down pour as I neared Inari's house. Maybe this was a sign telling me that I shouldn't bring him to Caroline's masquerade party. A sign that I should leave him alone. I was already at his house though and it made no sense to turn back now. We haven't spoken since the day that we made love to each other and I was trying my best to apologize for triggering old wounds. I shouldn't have opened my mouth about his wind chime in the first place. Since I did  the damage, I had to fix it. I wanted  Inari to be there with me at the party. I know for a fact that he'll have a really good time 

     Soaking wet, I came to the front of Inari's door as my sparkling gold belted strapless slit dress stuck uncomfortably to my skin. This was all the terrible rains doing. I removed my water damaged cat mask from off my face. It was no good now and I couldn't wear it to the party as I wanted to. I took in a sigh because so far everything wasn't going as I had hoped. I didn't expect Inari to be mad at me and I didn't expect this heavy down pour to appear. I couldn't fight mother nature though but I could  patch things up with Inari.

     I readied my hand to knock on Inari's door. Before my hand could touch the door, it opened. Odd it was because Inari wasn't anywhere in sight to open it for me. Maybe the fant wind from the heavy down pour blew it open for me. Inari didn't seem like he liked to lock his door which also gave the wind easy access to blow it open. I didn't think that was safe of him to do but he was a strong man. He could definitely protect himself. I slowly walked into Inari's house as the door closed shut behind me. Had to be the winds doing. I hung my cat mask and my purse on a tall coat rack that stood beside me. I'm sure Inari wouldn't mind. I hoped  he wouldn't.

      "Inari," I called and I felt like time was repeating itself. I was reminded of our last encounter where I went looking for him to go to the Hymm Ala Sherry. "It's me again. Pretty sure you're familiar with my voice by now and not tired of it." I slowly stepped forward as my dress dragged behind me. "I know you probably don't want to see me and I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to see me either if I was in your shoes." A slight joke it was but I  heard no laughter so I moved on. "Any way, I'm here to apologize. I didn't mean to hurt you the way I did the other day. I was just curious." No movement was heard as I saw nothing but pitch darkness welcoming me further  into his house. "I shouldn't have been curious and I know that it wasn't right of me to be." I came near the staircase that led to his bedroom. Tempted it was to go up there again but I refrained. "I care a whole deal about you Inari and I don't wanna loose you. You been there when no one else was. You saved my life and I owe you so much than just a job at Forrester's and an apology." I mean I did give him my body when he asked but I still felt there was something missing. "I owe you respect which I am going to give you from now on. No more asking about your personal life where it doesn't concern me. I'm willing to make that promise if you only just forgive me."

      The house was quiet as I heard the harsh fall of rain in the background. I hoped he was home and heard all I said because I wasn't going to repeat it. Inari should  know that I cared about him and shouldn't hold all this against me. I understood that he was a sensitive kind of guy and that I had to be careful with what I asked or said around him.

     "You know, there's this grand party that is going on right now," I continued lightly, "thought you'd like to come." I leaned on a horse sculpture that was carved as a design on the banister. "There will be music, dancing and food. Sure, a lot of people will be there as well but you don't have to speak to them. I know you're not much of a social butterfly but I'll be with you." The best company anyone could ever ask for. "It's also a masquerade themed party so you will be masked, hiding your mysterious sexiness for only me to see." Even better! I smiled to myself at the thought of dancing with Inari making Nicole, Maya, Dad and Rick jealous because of how happy we would be.