Chapter Nine: Sasha

I walked home by my lonesome down the dark lonely streets of LA. I still thought about how unfair my family had been to me. Why didn't anyone defend me? I knew Dad wouldn't but Maya and Aunt Viv could've said something. Then again, like Dad, they probably secretly hated me too. I guess Nick was the lucky one. She always was. The family loved her as did Zende and I wanted to know what was so good about her in the first place? She was selfish! I remember a few days ago she made Zende turn down a great offer of being a photographer for the summer lingerie line  at Forresters. Why did she do it you may ask? Well, let's just say that it was because I was going to be one of the models to be posing in that lingerie. Nick was scared that Zende would be turn on by me, which I know he would, and that she would lose him. Zende ended up still working as a photographer but taking pictures of model-less shoes. He deserved so much better than that.

       "Yoink!" came an unfamiliar voice. 

        My thoughts escaped me as I felt someone snatch my purse out of my hand. Alarmed, I looked up and saw a short fat figure run ahead of me, waving my purse in the air.

       "Hey!" I cried as I ran after the person. "Give that back!"

      My purse had money, my ID, my lipsticks-you name it and it's in there. I couldn't let some lopsided looking slob take all that away from me. Not today, not ever. A crazed laugh came from the thief ahead of me. I didn't know what was so funny about stealing a girls purse. The thief ran down a creepy looking alley way and that's when I stopped, still hearing his horrible laugh. 

        I wasn't sure if I should follow him into that alley way. I heard many dangerous tales about women getting raped, mugged and killed in alley way's and I didn't want any of those things to happen to me. Then again, my purse was worth it. I took in a deep breath and prayed that God wouldn't let anything happen to me.

          "Okay jokes over," I said firmly as I walked into the alleyway. "I followed you this far so can I have my purse back now?" As soon as I said that I wished I hadn't. The sound of a closing gate was heard from behind me. A loud maniac laugh was heard as small foot steps scurried away. Did that creep just lock me in here? I ran to the exit of the alley way and sure enough there was a locked gate door awaiting me. Shit! This wasn't happening. To make matters even more shittier, I heard ten deep motorcycle sounds behind me. 

          Ten?! I was scared as hell to turn around. I didn't want to see anything but my purse in my hand. A blinding light came over me as I tried to protect my eyes from the light.

      "You were right Rat, she is a cute one." came a cool male's voice.

      I heard an ugly laugh and I knew that laugh belonged to my thief. I refused to look up but I knew I should.

      "She's not all that." came a dull females voice. I wondered if that was a jealous remark or what?

        I heard the sound of  jingling chains come close to me. My heart started to pound in fear as I saw a pair of pointed shoes standing in front of me. Those shoes weren't a pretty sight. Slowly, I felt my head raise as I saw a pale looking man looking back at me, his finger on my chin.

       "What's ya name cutie?" he asked, breath smelling like whiskey.

       I turned my head away from him because I didn't want to smell his breath, much less look at him.

       "If you don't want her sir, I'll take her," a deep voice said and I wanted to know how many people were here.

       I felt someone grab me roughly by the arm as they slammed me into the hard gate. A woman with pale hair and blood on her mouth stood in front of me. She probably was the one who made that bitchy remark about how I wasn't all that.