Prologue

Katie's P.O.V
I felt a warm rush of air on my neck. I rolled over, bumping into the body of another person as I did so. The smell of morning breath and last night's whiskey tickled my nose, bringing a warming sensation around my heart. I mumbled a good morning under my breath, not wanting to open my eyes yet. I felt a pair of arms around my body, wrapping around myself. I took note of how large they were, a sense of protection sending another strike to my heart. A pair of lips made their way onto mouth as I wrapped my arms around their waist. I instantly was brought back to reality as I tasted Jack Daniels and a hard night's sleep on their mouth, leaving a deep hole into my chest.
My God, I miss him.

Heath's P.O.V
I woke up to feeling her knock into my body, cuddling into my chest. She mumbled a good morning and I stroke the back of her brunette hair, tangling my feelings into the roots as I kissed the top of her head. I grinned, smelling a rush of floral scents intoxicate my sleepy mind. I sighed peacefully, kissing her head again until she got the hint. She tilted her head up sleepily, not bothering to show off her chocolate eyes in hopes of being able to sleep just a little longer. I kissed her quickly so she could go back to resting on my chest and I hugged her tightly. Though there was something in her kiss that I couldn't wrap my head around. I know she couldn't tell what it was, but I knew that sinking feeling all too well.
My God, I miss her.