32

Charlie clawed up at Heath's leg. We had been in the boy's apartment watching other exes do the challenge before he spoke to Amber. Kam was currently in his room on the phone with his mother while Zane was out with Andrea for brunch.
Heath laughed, picking him up and placing him on his lap. We sat at his kitchen table, Charlie's head facing me with a sloppy grin on his face. I looked at Heath, rolling my eyes. He grinned proudly. "He likes me."
     "He's the only one." I rolled my eyes, jokingly. I began coughing as Heath laughed at me. "Stop! I don't feel good."
"If I get sick from your bullshit, I'm coming for you." Heath's phone began to ring and Amber's nickname appeared again. I took Charlie from Heath and walked to the couch, sitting down as he answered. "Hey, beautiful!"
"What are you up to?" A smile appeared through her voice and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes.
"I was actually going to ask you a question about filming..." Heath rubbed the back of his neck when the doorbell rang.
"Why don't you ask me in person?" Heath answered the door and I immediately stood up, clutching Charlie for dear life. Amber wrapped her arms around Heath's neck, kissing him excitedly. He put his hands on her hips, pulling her away slightly. "I felt bad about fighting and I just wanted to see you. It's only until tomorrow night, but I used my airline miles to- Oh! Hey, Katie."
"I was just going anyhow." I grabbed Charlie's red leash from the kitchen counter and hooked his collar when I set him down on the floor. Heath looked at me oddly, though I ignored it. "Tell Zane I said thanks again for doing my wash."
"Wash?" Amber looked between Heath and I, crossing her hands over her chests and letting her bag fall to the floor.
"Heath just got done taking the last load down to my car for me. Gabbie and I's washer broke and we couldn't do our laundry." Heath's eyes widened at how quick I was.
"Oh. That was sweet of him." She put an arm around his waist.
"I'll see ya." I waved low to the ground, quickly getting out of the apartment. I began to have another coughing fit as I quickly rushed to the elevator.