83

I peaked around a fake plant, scouting the area that Brennen and Andrea should have been in. I let go of the fake leaves, walking closer to the mass amount of people in the eating area. Just before I was about to turn around, figuring the girl may have mistook a stranger for them, I locked my eyes on Brennen. He held hands with Andrea, releasing one of them to push her hair behind her ear as a loving gesture. I could tell he was telling her sweet nothings as her head tilted, giggling, and he flashed his award winning smile at her. His eyes flickered away from hers, looking at me. He smiled lightly before realizing he had been caught red handed. My legs flew as I walked up to him as he held his hands up in self defense. Pushing his chest, his loose tank top swayed side to side as my voice began to raise. "Are you kidding me? Are you serious? What the fuck is wrong with you?" Andrea turned around, looking at me with doe eyes. Before she could let a noise release form her mouth, I put my finger in her face. "You shut your fucking mouth before I force you to."
Brennen's voice was shaky as he tried to defend the pair of them. "Look, we didn't do anything wrong! Zane and her ended so I took my chance and-"
"They didn't officially end, asshole! She just said they did so she could suck your dick with a clean conscience." My teeth grinded together as I narrowed my eyes at her. "You know how simple he is. How the hell could you do this shit to him?"
I could tell Andrea took a moment to decide if she wanted to answer me. Though when she did, I wish she would have kept it to herself. "And you're one to talk! If I recall, you cheated on Heath with him, correct?" I kept my mouth shut as she continued. "Oh, wait! I'm sorry! You were on a break so it was totally okay for you to fuck his best friend, am I right?"
I felt a sting him my chest. I shook my head lightly from side to side before rolling my neck. I exhaled hard as I spoke in a lower than normal tone. "I get it. I'm a piece of shit... But, that's why I know how badly this shit hurts people." Brennen and Andrea looked between each other before returning their gaze back to me. "Tell him or I will."

*****

At dinner, I felt a thick cloud of tension swimming around my head. Heath and I held hands underneath the table set in the boys' living room, eating the plate of honey-smoked salmon and cilantro-lime rice that Kam had prepared for everyone. Gabbie and him sat across from us, in a state of shock after we told them what happened at the mall today. Gabbie was the first to speak of, clearing her throat before she did so. "Do you, uhm... Do you think we should tell him anyway?" Heath and I gave her a sickly frown as she continued. "I just don't think her nor Brennen will say anything. I mean... We all just got back together. Even Kristen and Scott reunited."
"How come we can't have a peaceful time for just a little bit?" Kam rolled his eyes, laughing slightly. "We're like a fucking Lifetime drama."
"Just wait until we get to the part where someone gets killed." Heath said through a mouthful of fish. "My money is on David. I've been getting really fucking irritated with his shit lately."
"Did you hear that joke he said about Todd's new girlfriend in the last vlog?" I frowned at him before looking at Gabbie and Kam, who were rolling their eyes. "Like, I get it, she's hot... But don't call her a slut and shit just because she's with him."
"Liza tipped me off that David was planning an animal prank this week." Gabbie said through a tight grin. I took a sip from my wine glass, the sweet rose hitting my lips as Gabbie continued to speak. "I told her if it comes to the house and hurts Charlie, consider us dead because I will never be associated with them again."
I rolled my eyes, scoffing as I put my glass down. Heath refilled it, smirking at how quickly I had finished it to begin with. "Catch me in jail, because I'll catch a charge real fucking quick for my dog." The group laughed before being silenced by the slamming of the front door. We looked in the dsound's direction, seeing Zane stumble inside. His hair was a mess as he held his hat in his hands. He looked up at us, giving us a quick smile, before running off to his room and closing the door. I looked at Heath, jutting my head towards the door. He kissed my cheek, grabbing a few pieces of salmon and rice, a fresh bottle of wine, and a fork in with him for Zane to eat before closing the door behind him.