92

It had been over a month since the boys and I spoke to David. Everyone else had gone on as if nothing had happened as they did not want to be involved in the middle of it. David had lied about the incident on cameras saying he preformed a stunt that went poorly and that's why he looked like a train ran him over. He hadn't been playing as many pranks as he was doing, hopefully having learned his lesson.
It had just turned the Monday before Christmas and the group decided to celebrate Christmas together in January as we all would be going to our families for the holidays. Kam and Zane flew back a day earlier than us, however, Heath and I were currently on a drive from the Orlando airport back to his parents house.
I rubbed Charlie's head in the backseat of the Uber as Heath sat to the left of him, laughing. "Sir, I'm so sorry. I'll clean the slobber up, don't worry."
"Don't worry about!" The small Indian man giggled, waving his hand. "I wouldn't have pet friendly in my profile for nothing!"
I smiled, looking over at Heath over Charlie's back. We each wrapped an arm around him, hugging and lightly scratching his side as we spoke. "So, you have the Christmas gifts in your bag still, right?"
"Yes, I have everything." Heath rolled his eyes. "Stop worrying!"
"We haven't spent the full holidays with hen! It's nerve wracking." I pouted as we turned the corner into Heath's old development.
"Relax. Breathe. Calm." Heath tapped my arm playfully before focusing it back on Charlie. "You will be fine. What did you even get them that you're so worked up about losing, by the way?"
"It's a surprise." I smirked, proud of myself. "Besides, what did you get them?"
"A surprise." Heath mimicked me, earning a slap on the forearm. "I got my mom more Pandora charms and a bag she's been wanting, dad got a new wallet, money clip, and Willie Nelson tickets, and Sean got a new set of boots and some jersey he wanted."
"How did you fit that in one suitcase?" I tased an eyebrow.
"I didn't. I made Zane take it with him as his carry on." Heath giggled.
"Well what did you get me?" I teased.
Heath's cheeks went a shade of rose I wasn't used to seeing as he became flustered, stumbling over his words to seem calm. "Hah! You think I got you something? ... Punk."
"Okay." I smiled through a tight grin and widened eyes. I stifled a giggle, rubbing his forearm. "Sorry I asked, bud."
"You're gonna love it. I just don't want you to guess it." Heath admitted, shrugging awkwardly.
"Is it a ring?" I teased, Heath letting out a hard laugh. "Okay, damn. I'm sorry!"
"Wrong laugh, buddy." The driver joked, stopping the car. "Even if this wasn't your house, I would want you out of my car. I don't want to be around for this fight."
I laughed, grabbing Charlie's leash as Heath topped the man. I got out, stretching my legs as I close the door behind Charlie and I. He immediately peed on the front lawn and I spoke to Heath as he quickly got our luggage from the car. "You know, I wouldn't be opposed to one, right?" Heath raised an eyebrow, closing the trunk before the Uber drove off. "A ring, I mean."
"Really?" Heath tilted his head, walking closer to me.
"I've been thinking about it recently, I don't know." I kicked the grass below my left foot awkwardly. "I think I would look cute in white."
"White does look nice on you." Heath grinned, placing his right arm on my hip softly, pulling me towards him for a quick kiss. "Good to know you're open to the idea."