26

Amber's P.O.V
     I walked in the door, immediately kicking off my heels and picking them up as I closed and locked the door behind me. I tip toed to Heath's bedroom, slowly opening the door. I smiled, seeing him still up and watching Spongebob. He looked to the side, smiling at me happily. His glasses shined in the dark against the large television hanging from the ceiling in front of his bed. "Hi, baby girl!"
     I closed the door behind me, throwing my briefcase on the floor and slowly unbuttoning my pantsuit's top and pants while I spoke. "I want a glass of wine funneled down my throats while I drown myself in a lavender bath with cucumbers on my eyeballs."
     Heath held out his arms as I picked out a large, white t-shirt from his drawer. I took off my bra and slipped it on, feeling Heath watch me closely. "I can offer you a glass of rosé while I give you a back massage?"
     I smiled, walking tot he mini fridge next to heath's bedside. I grabbed the bottle of wine he left in there with glasses, pouring one for him as well, as I sat on the edge of the bed. He clanked his glass with mike as we took a sip. He placed his glass down on the side table as I held onto mine, his hands making their way to underneath my shirt as I closed my eyes. "You know what? I take back everything I said about that stupid mini fridge. It's not unclassy, it's useful."
     He laughed lightly, kissing the back of my neck lightly. I focused my attention on his hands, sighing deeply. Heath spoke in a low tone, taking me off guard slightly. "You know... I've been thinking..."
     "What a surprise." I mumbled. Heath giggled before pinching my side jokingly.
     "I was thinking... About Michigan." I sighed, not wanting to discuss this. "What if I came out there, like, once a month-"
     "Heath-"
     "Baby, we gotta talk about this." Heath's hands fell to my waist as they slowly turned me around. I frowned as he pulled me into his lap, sitting in between his legs as he sat Indian style. "I know you don't want to hear it, but-"
     "Heath, drop it." I shook my head, wrapping my right arm around his shoulders. "I'm not going and that's final."
     "It's a once in a lifetime offer, Amber!" Heath's eyes filled with pity. "I don't get why you won't go!"
     "I don't want to leave this." I shrugged, taking another sip of wine while Heath's eyes pleaded for me to explain myself. "If I go there, I don't have you... Or anyone. I don't want to leave home."
     "And I don't want you to leave here either but..." Heath sighed. He put me down on the bed beside him, getting up quickly. He walked over to his desk, bringing over a notebook and pen. He flipped it open, pointing to a bunch of scribbled handwriting. "I did the math... If I moved back in with the boys and got rid of this place, I would save a shit ton. I can use that to see you exactly... Nine times before you come back, which means I could definitely spend the holidays with you! Plus, I wouldn't miss your birthday and- Wait, why are you crying?"
     I wiped tears from my cheeks, sniffling hard before speaking. "I didn't think you cared that much to want to work this out."
     "Of course I do, Ambie! What the fuck?" Heath tossed the notebook onto the floor, turning to me. I kept my eyes on his, attempting to avoid looking at his shirtless body and making fun of his black boxers with yellow, rubber ducks all over them. He cupped my cheeks, bringing my face closer to him. "You're my girl, what is wrong with you? Of course I want to make it work."
     "I love you." I choked out as he pulled me closer to kiss him. I laughed, pulling away slightly. I wiped his face with my free hand. "I don't want to get snot on your face."
     "I don't care." Heath laughed, kissing me again. He took my glass of wine from me and reached over me to put it next to his. He sat back on the bed, rolling over to rest his head on his pillow. Outreaching his arms, he smiled lovingly as he jutted his head to signal me to come towards him. I laid down, throwing one leg over his and hugging his waist. My head rested on his chest as he played with my hair, whispering into the top of my head. "I know Kam talked to you tonight, too."
     I rolled my eyes. "I just wanted pasta, not harassment."
     I felt Heath kiss my head as I felt myself growing tired from the stress of my work day. "Baby, please. Please, go. We can make this work, but... If you don't go, you're going to regret it. You say no, but you will. Then one day, we will be sitting like this and you will look at me and realize that you made a mistake." I looked up at him, sighing as I put my hand to his cheek. I felt his beard beginning to grow back, thank god. He looked down at me, frowning. "I don't want that."
     I shook my head, kissing his chin before kissing his lips and curling back into his neck. "I could never look at you like anything negatively."
     Heath kissed the top of my head, continuing to speak as I began to feel my eyes get heavy. "Please... Please take the job. If not for you, for me."
     "Fine." I kissed his chest, sighing heavily. He pulled my face up quickly, kissing me hard. I felt him smiling against my lips, causing me to do the same. I spoke against his lips, his head nodding in agreement as I spoke. "I want to FaceTime at least once a day and we never go to sleep without saying goodnight. If you go out, I wanna know, and vice versa."
     Heath kissed me one more time before I rolled over. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, nuzzling his head into the side of my neck and kissing it ever so often. He whispered in my ear before kissing the side of it and returning to his original position on my neck. "I'll do anything you want, baby girl. I just want you to do what you've worked so fucking hard for."