36

Katie's P.O.V
*Warning* This chapter touches on kidnapping, mental illness, injuries, etc. If you're sensitive, you can skip it. This is a chapter that is detailing Katie's experience. Truthfully, you don't need to read it if you don't want to, but I believe it better helps you further in the story. If you can't stomach it, I totally get it! The next chapter will be posted soon!
I felt my side begin to itch wildly, the feeling of pins and needles settling in. I resisted the urge to scratch my already shredded torso, though I wasn't sure how much longer I would be able to tolerate it. I stared down, my shirt on the floor in front of me and my white, lace, brace covered in dirt and my own blood. My black leggings were more like shredded cheese at this point, the cold from whatever area we were currently in settling into my bones. I attempted to turn on my side to see how bad my cut was, but it hurt to badly to twist to my left.
I looked around my surrounding areas, trying to figure out where the hell I could be. For the entire ride over here I had been blindfolded, only being able to guess that we were still in downtown Los Angeles due to how short the ride was.
The room looked like a poor excuse for a studio apartment, though I was definitely in some type of basement. I stood up from the corner, looking down at the poor excuse for a bed. It looked as if it was originally designed for a toddler as a training bed, coming complete with a red, torn-up blanket and stained, white (I think) sheets. The pillow was in the same condition as the sheets as well as looking as if someone was already living down here.
Much to my surprise, I seemed to be right when I heard someone flush the toilet in the other room. The door opened, revealing a taller woman with shorter, frizzy black hair and dead, cold, black eyes. He face was pale though it began to show signs of yellowing, possibly due to the start of goundas. Her teeth seemed to be decaying though she showed them off to me in a smile. "You're my new friend, right?"
"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow, my voice sounding weak.
"You're my new friend. Candace sent you to me because she knew I was lonely." She smiled, looking at my feet. I looked down, seeing my white socks dirty from the cement flooring. "You need shoes! Where are your shoes?"
I looked at ther outfit. She wore an oversized, fuzzy, black cardigan over a powder blue night dress with a frilly, white collar. It was the only thing in the room that seemed to be brand new as well as her pearl, white bunny slippers. I took note that both of the bunny's eyes were ripped out of their place, dangling as she shuffled closer to me. "I, ugh... I'm not sure where they are. Have you seen them?"
"Candace probably took them upstairs. She doesn't like when things can move." The woman's head twitched involuntarily after every other syllable, causing my blood pressure to rise. She moved across the room to a chair and sat down quickly, bringing her knees to her chest.
I began to examine the room closer and noticed everything seemed to be bulleted down. Walking over to the only source of light in the room, I went to see if the lamp would move off of the riggity, dark, wooden coffee table until the woman stood up quickly, pushing my down to the ground. I began to see the room spinning, though she stood over me, getting on her hands and knees. Her breath smelled of cat food and at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what she had been ingesting down her. "Candace said nothing can move."
The main door shot open, the padlock that had once been on it now unlocked. The woman scurried away and I slowly rose to my feet, my side feeling like I was splitting like a jar of cranberry sauce. I held back the urge to throw up as my eyes adjusted to what I presumed was Candace. Though, I knew her as Isabella, Nathan's sister. "Isabella?"
"Is mother causing you trouble?" She smirked, her hair in two, tight, french braids as she wore a black leather jacket, black tank top, and matching black riding pants and boots. She took out something from her pocket, which I presumed was a knife. "Mother, what have we talked about? We always treat our guests nice, right?"
"Why are you doing this?" I shook my head, clenching my side as I suddenly felt a sharp pain shoot through me.
"Well, you would have been here long ago... You just decided to delay this by killing my brother." Her smile trickled with venom and all I could do was shake my head in fear like a chihuahua. "Relax. We aren't going to kill you. Mother needs a new friend."
"And I need a hospital." I groaned.
"At that rate you're going to have a bullet in your head." Her calm demeanor alerted me, letting me know just how off her rocker she really was. She shrugged, giggling slightly. "I'm going to work. Have fun playing with mother."
I looked to my right, the middle-aged woman on all fours like a dog, shaking uncontrollably. I looked back at Isabella, pleading with her. "I swear to god I won't escape if you keep me upstairs. Please don't leave me alone with her."
"Jesus, Katie, she's schizophrenic, not psychotic." Isabella rolled her eyes, scoffing. "She's under control..." We looked over to see her mother attempting to pull out a lock of her hair as she recited bible verses in a low volume to herself, still on all fours. "For the most part, at least. Good luck."
I chased after her, attempting to get to the door before she could lock it. She was took quick, slamming the door in my face. I began to pound on it, sobbing uncontrollably as I pleaded with her to let me free. I only became silent when I heard her mother's voice dangerously close to behind me. "I thought we were going to be best friends. Friends don't leave friends."