Chapter 43. Forgive Me..

~Chen's P.O.V~  

"Wait... So what you're say is.. That they forced you to fake your own death?" Baekhyun asked.

I nodded and looked down. 

"I'm sorry Lay.. I only did it because I was scared that they'd kill my family and friends.. But they did it anyways.. They thought I was dead after they beat the shit out of me..." I cried softly.

"Why didn't you come back though.. You knew where I was.. You knew they were dead right?" Lay asked. Tears falling from his eyes.

I shook my head, "I didn't know they were dead until after a few months of hiding. Yes, I knew where you were but I thought they were still out there.." I said to him.  

"If you knew where I was then why didn't you at least come tell me that you were okay? That you weren't dead?! That would have been nice you know Chen?!" He snapped.

"Lay calm down..He-" Sehun was cut off by Lay.

"No Sehun! You know why?! Because this bastard here made me suffer! Making me think that my only friend was dead! Gone! I had no one!" he yelled.

"Lay I told you.. I had no choice.. Please.." I whispered.

"Chen you could have made your own choice! They were dead for god's sake!" he yelled.

"I DIDN'T KNOW THAT LAY! I DIDN'T KNOW OKAY?!!" I shouted.

"Of course you didn't...." he scoffed, "After all.. You were hiding like the wuss that you are"

I got up and walked over to him.

"Lay. I swear okay? I hid to protect you. And everyone else that I loved and cared for. They still killed everyone. But they left you. I don't know why. But I'm glad okay? I'm glad that my best friend isn't dead right now." I said to him.

He stared at me with tears falling from his eyes but he held a blank expression on his face. 

"When you found out they were dead... What did you do?" he asked while looking straight into my eyes.

I shook my head and was about to turn around but he grabbed my shirt.

"You tried to kill yourself" He said to me, his voice shaky. 

I sighed and looked at the other guys who were all crying, Even Kyungsoo.

 'Yes but-"

"But what Chen? What did you think would have happened to me if you succeeded?" he asked me.

"I don't know Lay.. I wasn't thinking at the time.." I said softly.

"You see, that's the problem with you.. You're never thinking about anything but your current problems." He said and his grip loosened on my shirt.

"I'm sorry La-" 

I was cut off by him hugging me tightly. 

His loud cries echoing through the room. 

Tears fell from my eyes like a waterfall and I slowly hugged him back.

"I forgive you.." he whispered.

I hugged him tightly and cried on his shoulder. Both of us crying the hardest we ever cried.

I'm sorry.. Everyone from back then.. I'm sorry for not saving you all.. But I'm glad everything is fine now.. My best friend.. He forgives me.. For everything that ever happened to him because of me.. He forgives me..