Running Out Of Time

Chapter Five

"GET THE FUCK UP"

That was not the alarm I was was expecting to go off; it scared me so much I fell off my top bunk. I didn't land on the floor though, I landed on a squishy peep. Karma motherfucker.

"That's what you get"

I stuck my tongue out at him. What can I say? When you live with a man child you soon start to act like one yourself.

"So by scaring a pretty girl, I'll get a pretty girl on me? What more could I want?"

"Shush your face you squish"

"I'm not always squishy, say the magic words and I can become rock solid"

"Keep it child friendly please, you wouldn't be doing this in front of Layla"

I jumped up and took several steps back.

"T....who's Layla?"

Peep was now up onto his feet and was shooting daggers at T who looked guilty as fuck.

"Don't you say a word Tracy"

"Shut the hell up Gustav and let the man speak"

Gus looked scared....what was going on and who was Layla? T pulled out his phone and showed me a woman with short black hair; she was very pretty. Beautiful almost.

"Layla is Peep's girlfriend"

Ever want to know why knives in your heart feels like? Just be in my situation and you'll know.

I spun to face Peep.

"Girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't think it was important and because you would overreact"

"Overreact? You know what, Steve pull over and get me off this bus!"

Steve was the bus driver who wasted no time in pulling into a service station.

"Okay what are you doing?"

"Getting away from you"

"Just calm down and th-"

"No! I'm done! And to think I had feelings for you"

I jumped out of the bus and ran as fast as my legs would carry me. I could hear both of them call after me but I couldn't care less. The only person who I managed to fall for had a bloody secret girlfriend.

I stopped to gather my bearings, McDonald's to my left, mini supermarket to my right, motel and toilets above....not to mention the running Peep and Tracy heading for me from the entrance.

I immediately ran towards the stairs, taking two at a time and looped round once I reached the top. I couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing this place was maze.

I took a moment to turn around to see T not to far behind and dived into the women's toilets right by me. I gripped the sink until my knuckles turned white and stared at my crying reflection. Utterly pathetic. Why did I think always running from my problems would always work out?

I had to learn to deal with my issues.

As I walked out the public toilet; wiping my eyes, I didn't see the running Tracy right there. I felt him crash into me and I was knocked over the glass railing; falling two stories down.

The last thing I remember is hearing Gus yell my name.

///////////////

*Gustav's POV*

I ran along side Tracy after Em, why is it I always make her so fucking sad all the time? One day I swear I'm going to push her over the edge.

When we burst through the doors it was hard to keep track of where she went. Tracy came up with the great idea that we should split up and it was agreed that I should stay on the ground floor incase she went to leave.

I contemplated calling her but I know Em wouldn't answer... so I used my voice instead.

"EM?"

"EMILY!"

I received many weird looks so I flipped them off instead. Fuck those people. People soon started to recognise me and a group of kids headed my way when I saw her.

I saw her crash through the glass railing and fall through the air.

"EMILY!"

People stared to scream all around me and rush over to her on the floor but I was already there by her side. I didn't even notice tears streaming down my face when one landed on her cut up body.

I didn't know what to do, Em's eyes were shut and there was blood everywhere. Several strangers were on the phone calling for an ambulance but some had the nerve to film.

As sirens drew near, I picked up her mangled body and ran out the door with no doubt Tracy was hot on my tail. Just looking at her face made my tears fall faster and anxiety push past my inner walls.

She was taken from me by paramedics and I didn't think twice before climbing in the ambulance and taking her hand in mine. Fuck everything, I needed her to stay alive.

I was too concerned I didn't even notice that Tracy wasn't with me, I just kept my hand on hers to reassure myself she still had a pulse.

The paramedics in the back with us ripped open her clothes and threw me her phone as they went to work to save her life. I felt it buzz in my hand as a text came through. It was John.

Where the fuck are you?? You've been gone for three weeks and you haven't replied to any of my texts. You better have a good excuse or I'm going to make you wish you were never born you hear!? Don't forget you're my property and that you belong to me - John

I was furious until one of the paramedics said something I never wanted to hear.

"Hurry up we're running out of time!"