Haunt U

Chapter fifty three

"You sure you wanna do this?"

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves; I needed to do this.

"Yeah, I'm ready"

Since the accident Eddie's body was transferred over to Boston so he could be with family, thing is Gus and I had to deliver the news to Shannon. How the hell am I supposed to tell my mother that her son is dead after everything that happened a few weeks ago?

Liza's okay though, Gus' mood has definitely uplifted since she woke up fine; I don't blame him. My mood wasn't so cheerful, it's felt like a black hole has been draining all happiness away...and now I was going to inflict that onto someone else.

I knocked on the door, Gus wrapping his arm around my waist as a form of comfort. I'm so thankful for him, I really am.

"Hel- Oh. What are you doing here?"

Let's just say it was clear Shannon wasn't that pleased to see us, her disgusted facial expression made that very clear.

"Can we come in?"

"No you cannot, unless you've got something worthwhile to tell me I would appreciate it if you got off of my property"

"It's about Eddie"

"Done with that brat already? Want to dump him back on me?"

I went forward to hit her, how could she talk about her own son like that? He was such a sweet kid and didn't deserve the treatment he got from his family. Gus quickly held me back and apologised sincerely; I wanted to bash her face in.

"Listen I have no interest in that child, he's nothing more than little -"

"He's dead"

She stopped mid sentence and dropped the wine glass that she was holding.

"What did you just say?"

"It's Eddie, he's dead"

Shannon walked away, leaving the door open as an invitation for us to come in. We joined her in the living room where she was just sat staring into space.

"How did it happen?"

"Car accident, him and Gus' mother were in a cab when a drunk driver hit them. His mother and the taxi driver survived but the drunk driver and Eddie didn't. His spine and neck were broken on impact, he wouldn't have suffered"

"Where's his body? I want to see him"

"He was just transferred to Boston morgue this morning"

"Let's go"

//////////////////////

We were staring at his body, all three of us crying to some degree. Shannon was extra quiet fro some reason, she was starring at all his bruises which were clearly there before the accident.

"Did Tim really do all of those to him?"

".......yeah"

As if on cue, the biggest piece of shit walked in like nothing had happened. It was like he didn't care his son was dead laying in a cooler right in front of him.

"Tim, you see all those bruises?"

"Yes darling I do"

"Did you really cause them?"

"We talked ab-"

Bam. Shannon whipped around and punched him square in the nose as hard as she could. Tim crashed into the wall and fell over; now I know where I get my punching skills from.

"Go to hell asshole"

Was I ever going to forgive my mother? Not one bit. Were we going to have a relationship? Probably not. Had she redeemed herself? Maybe.

"Shannon, we're going to take off and let you have some time with Eddie. We'll be saying in town for a week or so incase you need us okay?"

"Okay, I'll see you two around"

Gus lead me out of the death house but stopped me just before I was about to call an Uber.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine"

"No Em, are you okay?"

I sighed and slid down the wall of a nearby building with Gus doing to same right by me. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I reluctantly let a few tears fall.

"I'm loosing everyone. My step dads a dick, my biological mothers kinda a bitch and my brother just died. The closest person I have to actual family is Emma and I haven't seen her properly for months"

"You have me baby, and goth, Bexey, Smoke, rick, horse. Don't forget you're yet to meet Nick"

"I know but it's not the same...I want to find my biological dad"

"You sure you're ready for that?"

"It's the only thing I have left"

"Okay, I'll help you"

"I love you"

"And I love you"

—————————-
Hey! Quick A/N. Em's mother looks like Alice Cooper and Tim looks like Hiram Lodge from Riverdale. Eddie (RIP) looks like fetus Tyler Posey from Teen Wolf so you can get a mental image :)