Tears

Chapter fifty six

When I told Gus I was going to be at the park I wasn't lying...but I wasn't where he might think I'll be. Who thinks their girlfriend is in a tree, in the snow while drinking a bottle of liquore and listening to music? The answer is no one.

Luckily it wasn't too cold so I was pretty comfortable in just my hoodie (it's Gus' really but shush). The light but consistent snow fell around me as I submerged myself in Kurt Cobain's lyric and took a gulp of liquor every minuet or so. It was peaceful, just me and the music.

That was when a snowball connected with my face and I fell backwards out of the tree.

A hand pulled me up and I brushed the snow off of me as I took a moment to mourn the spilt Jack Daniels; not once did I bother to check to see who hit me or helped me up. Those two people where the same...and both were Gus. Great.

"In my head, throwing a snowball at you was a much funnier idea"

"Did it involve me falling 20 feet or was that a spur of the moment decision?"

"I didn't mean to, I'm sorry"

"It's cool, come here baby"

We embraced each other tightly and breathed in the other's sent; he smelt like home. I left little kisses on his neck and could feel him smile into the crook of my neck; he was home alright.

"I'm the one who's sorry Gus, we've been dating for almost two years so I should've be prepared to have my life thrown into the public eye at some point"

"I should've told you as soon as I found out"

"You were just look out for me, I should've appreciated that more"

"Wanna get lunch at Starbucks?"

"Sure, I would like that; you're paying though cause I spent all my money on that bottle of jack"

"We both know that I wouldn't have let you paid anyway"

"Okay true"

//////////////////////

We were sat in the cozy cafe filled with mostly tumblr girls or wannabe screenplay writers and reminiscing about tour.

"Remember when we spent an entire day watching Scooby Doo and threw shoes at anyone who disturbed us?"

"That doesn't best the first time we kissed though"

"How can you even remember when we were both so fucked up?"

"No, babe, our first kiss...in Albany"

"You still think about that?"

"That was the best day of my life"

"I doubt it"

"Well you shouldn't"

I tried to keep focused on the conversation but my eyes kept drifting over to these girls that were standing a few feet behind Gus while wearing his merch. One was very short, blond and wearing his black "come over when you're sober" hoodie while the red head was close to crying in his crybaby tee. We made eye contact and they burst out giggling; the blondie obviously starting to loose her cool.

"Um babe? Look behind you"

Gus turned around him his chair, smiled at the two girls and beckoned them over; I could already tell they're adorable. As they got closer, he stood up and hugged them while I took pictures in my seat while smiling like mad. The three launched into a conversation which from where I was sitting, consisted of a lot of "I love you's" and "I love you more's"

Fucking. Cute. As. Fuck.

"Em?"

I looked up at the blushing red head and held her phone out to me.

"Can we take a picture with you?"

I sat shocked, a picture? With me? Why the hell would they want a picture with me?

"Um sure......why?"

"Because we love you and think that you're amazing"

Gus was obviously filming the whole think and laughing every so often and how awkward I was, I don't know what he expected; this was a first for me.

The now four of us exchanged @'s on twitter and they two girl left smile brighter than before and we returned to our coffees with an uplifted mood.

"You're still flustered aren't you?"

"What? No........."

"Yes you are silly"

"Well of course I am, I'm a nobody and they wanted a picture with me"

"A nobody who saved my life, that makes you a somebody baby girl"

"I'm still not over that"

I hoped he hadn't heard what I said, I hoped that he only looked up at me because he saw something behind me. I was wrong.

"Why?"

"You almost died in my arms, I know you'll never understand how serious that is but it fucking scared me"

Gus looked down and stared at the floor, his brown eyes beginning to gloss over with tears. From across the table, I grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"Let's not dwell on it, you're here now and that's all that matters. After Christmas, why don't we go over to Albany and go to UNO's?"

"There's a stage there right?"

"Yeah........you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Mini concert?"

"I'll call them and make it happen"

"It's gonna be awesome...Em?"

"Yep?"

"I adore you"

"And I adore you, Merry Christmas Eve Gussie"

"Merry Christmas Eve"