Interlude

Chapter twenty two

"Where the hell are you taking me Gustav?"

"Quit full naming me girl and prepare yourself for an awesome surprise"

"That doesn't answer my question"

"It's not supposed to"

It was around five hours before the apartment viewing and someone decided to take me to an unknown location, blindfolded, for a 'surprise'. Crafty bastard's probably up to something sneaky. Sometimes I question my reasoning for trusting him.

"I promise you if anything or anyone jumps out at me, I'll be punching them and you"

"Have I told you how cute you look today baby?"

"Not gonna work but thank you babe"

"We're here"

I heard rock music blaring and multiple consistent buzzing, he didn't. I heard the familiar 'bro greeting' thingy when the blindfold was removed. He totally did.

Gus had taken me to a tattoo parlour.

"Surprise!"

"Oh my god babe thank you"

I hugged him tightly and immediately went to look around; this place was incredible. Despite the amazing aesthetic of the parlour, I had something more important to think about.....what tattoo was I going to get?

I flipped through the catalog that had some previous designs on them  when it hit me, I had the perfect idea. I took a pencil and piece of paper before drawing the design I wanted; thank god for that art class I took in high school. I handed it over to the artist and described where I wanted it, I already know I'm going to love it.

"So what are you getting baby girl?"

"That's classified information Mr Åhr"

"Please tell me"

"Nope, it's a surprise"

The guy came back and beckoned me into the studio; ready to do my tattoo for me. I left a moping Gus and headed into the room, I can't wait to see his face when it's done.

////////////////////

*Gus' POV*

I smirked and looked at her design; she hadn't noticed I had taken it out  of her back pocket. I was star struck, her first tattoo would be one of us. It was a galaxy and in stars it said  "Ash is our purest form ".

I took it to a free guy and lifted up my free forearm, I'm so looking forward to seeing her reaction. Em is going to loose her shit when she finds out we got matching tattoos.

///////////////////

*Em's POV*

I go back to the waiting room and see Gus with a gleam in his eye; he looks genuinely happy. From under one of his hoodie sleeves I spot some cling film, did he get a tattoo too?

"Lemme see lemme see"

Honestly sometimes I wonder how old he is mentally but I wouldn't want it any other way; he's perfect how he is.

As I showed him my tattoo, he pulled back his sleeve and showed me the exact same one. We had unintentional matching couple tattoos.

"How?"

"I took it out your back pocket"

"Of course you did"

We took several selfies where we showed off our new tats and posted them on our twitters. I kept starring at it in awe, fighting the erge to go and get another one.

"Hey babe, what time did you say our apartment viewing appointment was?"

"Three, why?"

"It's 2:45"

"Shit we gotta go"

My life was coming together at last; I had found my soulmate and we were moving in together, a tattoo, awesome friends and I couldn't be happier. Gus and I's birthdays were even coming up and we're both going to be twenty.

Something was bound to go wrong soon.

We hoped into our rented all back benz truck and sped to our complex - to be building. I could tell that we both were craving a blunt or something stronger but we had to stay sober for at least a few more hours. No landlord would rent out to us if we turned up high.

As we pulled up I noticed a car parked across the road, I didn't know why I recognised it (especially the number plate) but I just did. Gus nudged me because I had spaced out and we were soon walking into the lobby where a lady in formal clothing was stood with her back to us.

"Hi, we're here to view apartment 305, I'm -"

"Emily?"

".........mum?"