Dreams X Nightmares

Chapter sixty two

"Holy shit, it feels so weird to be home"

Gus and I entered our LA apartment for the first time in roughly a year or so, thanks to the maid we hired everything was exactly how we left it..........just cleaner. It was definitely a strange feeling after staying in a bus, multiple spare rooms and hotels for so long; this place was actually ours.

"It feels so good to be back home where everything is ours"

"I know but it's odd, being on the road for months really makes you appreciate your own home"

A magical thought hit me and a smile spread across my face; confusing Gus totally.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Imagine being back in our own bed?"

"Race you!"

Like little kids we raced to our bedrooms, seeing who would get there first; Gus obviously winning due to his lanky ass legs. Don't get me wrong, I would've totally won if it wasn't for his also lanky arms pulling me back too.

"You cheating bitch"

He would've replied but by the time I caught up to him he was already snuggling up the covers; damn it was cute. As I walked nearer to him, Gus suddenly pulled me down on top of him and cuddled me like a teddy bear, resting his head in the crook of my neck. How was he so adorable all the time?

"Goodnight Gussie"

"Night baby girl"

/////////////////////////

*Gus' POV*

~Dream~

I looked around the room, for a hospital everyone seemed so happy....apart from my friends and I. Bexey was crying next to me, Goth was starring at the floor and Emma was asleep on his shoulder. It was clear something had happened but what exactly? What was so bad?

Then it hit me........the only one not around was Emily.

"Excuse me sir?"

I looked up at the doctor who looked at me with sad eyes; why was I getting the feeling of déjà vu?

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for your loss but we tried everything we could......she's gone"

"What do you mean? Who's gone?"

"Emily McDann has passed away"

~End of dream~

"Babe.....wake up"

I shot up covered in cold sweats, shaking like a motherfucker with tears down streaming down my face. If it wasn't the fact that Em was right in front of me, gripping my hand I would've thrown up by now or had a panic attack.

Thank fuck for her.

"Take deep breaths baby do you need some water? Or the window open?"

Despite my hyperventilating I managed to answer her questions (with great difficulty)

"I need you"

Em moved over and sat against the bed headboard, pulling me onto her lap as I snuggled against her. I could feel one of her hands stroke my back while her other hand played with my hair; I swear she's a wizard or something.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Remember November 15th?"

"Of course........why?"

"I had a dream where that happened but it was you instead of me and you.....you actually died"

"Gus I-"

"Please don't leave me"

I could feel myself start to cry again at the thought of being alone; well not just that, being alone without Emily. I know just a few days ago we almost broke up and I was the one doing the breaking up but it was true; loosing her would fuck me up.

"Is this about our fight a few days ago? Baby I'm not going anywhere, ever, not if I can help it"

"But-but what if you can't help it? What if you die or something? I don't want to be left alone"

"You'll never be alone Gus and I'll stay alive forever just for you. No Xanax, coke, lean or norcos; just us"

"Okay, you promise?"

"Promise, come on ima take you somewhere special"

I didn't ask where or why, just threw on some sweatpants, a hoodie and vans as did she; taking her outstretched hand when she held it out to me. Leading me through the hallways of our building we eventually arrived at roof.

Holy fuck was the view awesome.

"Come on sit down"

Putting our legs over the edge, Em started rolling two blunts and lit them both; handing one to me. Taking a few drags, I laid my head on her shoulder taking in the sunrise.

"I love you Em, when I take over the world I want you to rule with me"

"And I love you, us against the world"

"Forever?"

She looked up at me and smiled, the rising sun glowing against her face.

"Forever"