Benz Truck

Chapter forty three

"Mamma!"

Gus embraced Liza in the biggest hug I have ever seen in my entire life. She eagerly hugged him back like if she were to let go she would loose him. I knew Liza was tense as hell when she had to go back to Long Island before he woke up so I could she why she was relieved to see him.

"Oh Peep don't you ever scare us like that again! I want you off those horrid things as soon as possible"

"I know ma, I'm trying my best. I know Em won't let me give up too easy"

Liza turned her attention over to me and smiled even brighter than before (if that was possible). She opened her arms and I went into them without hesitation, I know I have a mother but I see Liza as one too.

"Emily dear, I don't know what to say other than thank you"

I pulled out of the hug and placed my hands on her shoulders as she started to cry.

"Thank you for what?"

"If it wasn't for you Em, my Peeper would be...i don't even want to say it. I've never met someone who's cared for him as much as you do dear, you saved his life"

I looked over at Gus who was grinning like an idiot and blushing like a mad man. He never knew how to react when it was brought to light how much somebody cared about him; he just wasn't used to it.

"Liza, I love your son and I don't say that lightly. I wouldn't know what to do without him"

"I don't know what I would do without you too baby"

Gus came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist; Putting his chin on my shoulder and planting a kissing on my jaw.

"You two are just the cutest! Come in, dinners almost ready"

I went to pick up my bag when Gus smacked my hand out the way. I raised my eyebrows as he gave me a goofy smile and picked up both of our bags. I swear to god that boy is the silliest thing ever.

As Gus went up stairs wit our bags, I took in the sight of the house and quickly noticed the gorgeous smell coming from the kitchen.

"Liza that smells amazing, what's cooking?"

"That's my special homemade dish, Curry de Peep"

Suddenly manic footsteps could be heard from upstairs and all the way downstairs. Before we could process what was happening, Gus had burst into the room looking like a kiddo.

"Did you just say you were cooking curry de peep Mamma?"

"I sure did Peeper"

"Oh Thank you Mamma thank you"

Instead of just hugging Liza, he picked her up and swung her around like a sack of spuds.

"Gus put your mother down!"

"You haven't tasted curry de peep yet baby, it'll be the best thing you've ever tasted!"

"Gustav, you're the best thing I've ever tasted"

Liza lightly chuckled as Gus once again blushed and looked away.

"Don't you know it"

"Why don't you kids get unpacked while I finish up here?"

"Sure Mamma, Let's go Em"

"Try not to do anything......sneaky"

"We won't Liza, well I won't. I can't say the same for Mr Horny over here; if he does anything I like I'm not gonna say no"