Mirror Mirror

Chapter fifty seven

"GET UP"

Whack.

"ITS CHRISTMAS BABY"

Whack.

"GET UUUPPPP"

Whack.

"If you hit me with that pillow one more time ima push you off this bed"

Whack.

Thud.

"Told you so"

"Why you gotta be mean on Christmas?"

"Carry me downstairs and I'll make sure you open your presents first"

I thanked my past self for putting a t-shirt and sweatpants on last night otherwise I'd be displaying some things that wouldn't be appreciated. Gus who I thanked for also putting on some bottoms gently placed me on the couch as I soon heard the whistle of the coffee machine. That boy knew me too well.

"Are we the first up?"

"Ma's gone to pick everyone up.....Everyone being just Granny"

I giggled at his silliness and took the coffee filled mug he handed me before flopping next to me, cuddling my side. We sat like this for probably 20 or so minutes in silence; twirling my fingers in his hair as I took slow sips of my drink. This is what I truly wanted the rest of my life to be like.

"Merry Christmas all!"

Gus sprung up at his mothers and grandmothers arrival, scarring the shit out of me and almost making me spill my coffee. Sometimes he needed a fucking tranquilliser but I still smiled at how happy he looked when he was with his family; it was so fucking precious. None the less I was beckoned over and greeted with a massive hug from Grandma Peep.

"Emily dear, you get prettier every time I see you. How are you?"

"And you look younger every time o see you grandma but I'm good thank you, Merry Christmas"

"And Merry Christmas to you, time for presents I think so who's going first?"

"ME ME ME!"

We all laughed at what was basically a man child, jumping up and down at the thought of presents. Liza, Grandma an I moved to the couch and watched Gus' eyes light up every time he opened a gift. Just as I had planned, mine (the smallest one), was the only one left for him to open; he was going to flip. The crappy wrapping paper was torn off and a small velvet box fell out into the man child's lap; gently he picked it up and I saw his eyes bulge out of his head once he saw what I had gifted him.

"Holy shit, did you really?"

I nodded my head and slightly laughed as he slumped down in shock.

"I can't believe it, this is....amazing"

"Eh"

"Eh? This is the most incredible thing I've ever gotten, how?"

"Well I did some digging and that's what I found"

"Enough already, tell us what it is!"

"Em found Grandad's locket that was lost during the war"

Just like Gus's, Liza's eyes also widened dramatically.

"There's no way, it's been missing for 50 years"

"Well I knew where to look"

I wasn't expecting the massive hug I received from Gus, he's famous for his hugs but this one was different; I couldn't explain it. After a few seconds of hugging back I started to feel little tear drops land on my neck, I knew he would appreciate this but I didn't think it would be this much.

"Okay baby, come on we still have everyone else's gifts to get through"

He listened to my whisper and pulled away, quickly wiping his watery eyes so his Ma wouldn't see.

Such a sweetheart.

////////////////////////

*Gus' POV*

I was still in shock over how much effort Em went to in order to get us the perfect gifts, all three of us received something she had found from my grandfather he had left behind when he died in the Vietnam war. I obviously received the locket but Grandma and Ma got these two bracelets, it stuns me that she did this; I can't think of anyone who would do that for me.

Now the time came for her to open my presents to her.

"Okay, so I got you two things but one you'll have to wait to fully appreciate"

"Um okay"

"Here's the first one"

I handed her the first envelope and grinned at the confused expression; this was going to be amazing. She opened this first one and read over the words on the piece of paper.

"Lovin you is like a fairytale.......Wait a minute, did you write me a song?"

"Yep but you can't hear it until we go to UNO's"

"Babe, You didn't have to"

"I saved the best till last my darling"

"Oh god What next?"

Em opened the second letter and immediately choked out a sob; her hand flying to her mouth and tears welling up. Like a moth to a flame, she wrapped her arms on me and cried on my shoulder like I did to her just a few minutes ago.

"What did you get her Peep?"

"I found her biological dad, he's going to be UNO's. Baby you're going to meet your dad"

—————————-
I've posted some really shitty filter chapters but a LOT of a shit it's soon going to go down don't you worry

Just felt like it needed to calm down for a bit you know?

Also when this story does come to an end, what do you guys want? I have some some ideas for another Gus story but I don't know if it should be totally different or if i kinda want it to tie it in with this one. It makes not sense now I know but please leave some feedback :)