Girls

Chapter thirty one

I'm not one for soppy romance but I can say with absolute certainty that everything was perfect. This GBC tour was going great; everyone was loving the Castles II EP and even the crew members were having the time of their lives. There was something about Gus though, something I couldn't put my finger on.

Finally everyone from GBC had joined us and I got to meet new faces like fish narc, bones, wicca, yawns, coldy ,mackned etc. I can even spend more time with Bexey as he's joined us too but we've had to say goodbye to Smoke and Rick.

"Hey babe?"

"Yeah baby girl?"

"Our next show is Boston right?"

"Yeah"

"One of my adoptive cousins is in town then, can she stop by? We're really close and I haven't seen her in forever"

"Babe, it's totally cool. What's her name?"

"Emma"

Suddenly Fish came bounding in, wearing just his boxers and vintage glasses.

"Did I hear something about a female cousin coming to stay?"

"Hands off fish, she's not up for grabs"

"Is she single?"

"Shes single but -"

"I'm gonna get me an Emma!"

As Fish continued talking, I noticed a change in Gus' mood; especially as more GBC members joined the conversation. What was going on here? When I got up and left the room, I may have secretly listened but I'm glad I did. During my absence, the topic quickly turned to music sales and it turned quite nasty.

"Peep, come on you're letting the side down"

"Yeah dude, we know you're a no one but at least try to prove us wrong"

The hell? Why were they treating him like that? Gus didn't even say anything back; just popped some pills and made lean. I felt disgusted, utterly disgusted. In front of anyone they acted like best mates but as soon as no ones around they turn on him.

"It's horrible isn't it?"

I whipped around and Goth stood there looking just as disgusted as I probably did.

"You know?"

"Yeah, i keep telling him to leave GBC when Tracy does he thinks what they're saying is true"

"What? Why would he listen to them?"

"You know how insecure and sensitive he is"

"I know but I didn't think it was this bad...does anyone else know?"

"Layla did but she agreed with them"

"I don't understand why, why are they treating him like this?"

"Money. They know his potential and want more from him"

"This is gross, this is horrible, this has to end"

"I know but not right now"

"Why not? Gus has been bullied all his life, he does not deserve this now"

"Trust me Em, I know. I've wanted this to end for a long time but he has to wait until 2018"

"2018? Are you kidding me?"

"I wish I was, Peep has an official album coming out later this year and there's another tour for it. He was to wait till the tour ends to leave"

"What about T huh? You said he was leaving soon"

"He got out while he could"

I gripped my hair in frustration, I can't believe I was only finding out about this now. Why hasn't Gus told me sooner? This was...I don't know what it was but it was revolting.

"As soon as you get the chance, talk to him. He'll listen to you"

"I hope so Goth, thank you for telling me"

I hugged him, Goth was one of my best friends. He meant the world to me and it would kill me if anything were to happen to him. Goth was my soft angel.

/////////////////

We had finally arrived in Boston and  had pulled up behind the venue for the night; all of GBC (apart from Gus) had gone out to party before the show and T and Goth has gone to get snacks so it was just Gus and I.

I was expecting him to be getting high or doing weed in the living area, not crying his eyes out. The sight itself made me feel sick but knowing the reason behind it was worse. So much worse.

"Gussie?"

He quickly wiped away his tears and put a fake smile on his face; clearly not wanting me to know how much he was hurting. Bloody bastards.

"Hey what's up babe? I thought you went with Goth"

"You don't have to pretend Gus, I know how badly they treat you"

"Whatever Goth told you, he was exaggerating"

"He may have explained a few things but I overheard everything myself"

"Oh"

"You can't let them treat you like that"

"It's not like they're lying"

"How dare you Gustav! You aren't a nobody and you aren't letting anyone down. You are the most talented one out of all of them"

"You're only saying that because you're my girlfriend"

"I'm saying that because I have a brain. Listen babe, Emma is five minutes away and I can guarantee she can help me cheer you up. After the show me, you, Emma, Goth, T and Bex are all gonna go out and get fucked up like old times okay?"

He smiled brightly, genuinely this time, and kissed my nose. Such a fucking cutie that boy is. I was about to reciprocate his action when a knock on the bus door distracted me. Emma was here.

"Emma!"

I wrapped my arms around her as she did the same to me; I've missed her so much. She's the only family I have left, I'm surprised she kept contact after her folks kicked me out.

"Emma, this is my boyfriend Gus"

The both made eye contact and stood star struck...ummmm what?

"Emma?"

"Peep?"

They.........knew each other?