Live forever

Chapter forty

Something felt different today, I couldn't put my finger on it though. Gus was acting restless, nervous almost; I felt kind of the same. It seemed like everyone knew something I didn't, like I was being kept in the dark.

The closer it got to showtime the more the atmosphere seemed to intensify, something was going to happen...I could feel it. I tried to ask T about it, he avoided my question; Mama Horse, Goth and Bex all did the same thing. What the fuck was going on?

I felt like I was suddenly an outcast. It was silly because I know that would never happen but it didn't stop my anxiety. What made matters worse is that not only was I avoided, I was also ignored. By everyone. No one would talk to me. At all.

I was sat watching Scooby Doo, trying to think of all things I could've done to make everyone so distant. Nothing came up, I'm pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong. At least I think so.

As people stared getting off the bus and going to the venue, I headed to the back room because if everyone was going to ignore me I was going to ignore them too. That didn't happen. Gus threw me over his shoulder and carried me into the venue; alrighty then.

The show went on and like always it was absolutely amazing, every song overflowing with emotion. The show was so good in fact, I forgot why I was here in the first place. But then I heard the familiar tune of Star Shopping and I felt myself being carried on stage.

I'm getting a sense of major déjà vu.

It was just like that time months and months ago where he sang this song to me, on stage, looking straight into my eyes. Gus was doing that now. It made no sense though, why ignore me all day and then do this?

"A reason like mine and I'm falling to pieces"

The end of the song came and a mic stand was brought over, Gus keeping our hands interlaced. What the fuck was going on? I don't understand one bit, why was I still on stage?

"Em, when I wrote this song, I didn't have someone to keep me from falling to pieces. But then I met you and slowly we fixed each other, you kept me from falling to pieces"

Gus got down on one knee and the tears fell from my eyes as I tried to keep myself together.

"This is not an engagement ring, we can both agree we're too young for that shit. This is a promise ring, so you know that no matter how many times I fuck up that I'll always love you"

I fell right there and then in tears, this was the most unexpected thing anyone has ever done for me. I can't believe this is real life right now, I can't believe this is actually happening.

With sobs choking me, I only managed a nod as the crowed screamed in response. Gus embraced me as he too stared to cry; what a show huh? One crying mess was the man the audience payed to see, the other being me.

////////////////////

We stood in the back room, facing each other; tears in our eyes and love in our hearts. I couldn't explain how I felt, I wanted to be close to him.

Gus could see how flustered I was and took matters into his own hands. We didn't care it our friends could hear or if some were trying to sleep. It was a kind of lust driven by love, we couldn't control it even if we tried.

"I love you so much Gus I can't even put it into words anymore"

"I love you Em, I want to spend the rest of my life with you"

"And I do too Gus, I really do. I agree we're too young for marriage but I promise myself to you"

"That's why I got us promise rings silly"

We laughed together as our faces slowly got closer together as did our lips. In this moment it was only us in the entire universe, because that how it was......

Us against the universe.

————————-
I know it seems like the book is over but it's really not so you guys can calm down. There's still much to come ;)

Also these are the promise rings